• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you???

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:20 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 399 Total Views
How do you over come talking to people face to face or even making phone calls??? I have severe anxiety issues and this can become a huge problem!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladybug309
by Group Owner on May. 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I do not approach people, because i am not comfortable with it...every now and again i am already talking to someone and the subject comes up..it took alot of practice for me to become good at calling people. I have a wonderful script for referrals that i feel super comfortable using and i use it and people tend to respond well to it. Something that stood out to me at Career Conference one of the NSD's said was "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway!" I love that quote, it seems to sit well with me, cuz sometimes when i call people i feel like sweating and passing out lol...but i call them anyway and when they book their appointment i feel great for calling them! I hope this helped...

mitsukai127
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:41 PM

It kinda did.  I have a huge problem calling people to and asking them to book anything.  Makes me feel like a telemarketer or something.  

Quoting ladybug309:

I do not approach people, because i am not comfortable with it...every now and again i am already talking to someone and the subject comes up..it took alot of practice for me to become good at calling people. I have a wonderful script for referrals that i feel super comfortable using and i use it and people tend to respond well to it. Something that stood out to me at Career Conference one of the NSD's said was "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway!" I love that quote, it seems to sit well with me, cuz sometimes when i call people i feel like sweating and passing out lol...but i call them anyway and when they book their appointment i feel great for calling them! I hope this helped...

ladybug309
by Group Owner on May. 21, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Think of it as you are giving them a little "them time" to get pampered and try the wonderful MK products.
They are welcome to say no if they do not want to....You are not a telemarketer and you are not going to harass them lol...relax and ask, the worse thing that they can do is say no!

mitsukai127
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Bahaha that's my next biggest fear: rejection!  I'm just a work of art LMAO!

Quoting ladybug309:

Think of it as you are giving them a little "them time" to get pampered and try the wonderful MK products.
They are welcome to say no if they do not want to....You are not a telemarketer and you are not going to harass them lol...relax and ask, the worse thing that they can do is say no!

kr.shelby
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I like to tell myself, "I am not asking for a favor, I am offering a great product!"  It helps me feel less like a telemarketer!

Quoting mitsukai127:

It kinda did.  I have a huge problem calling people to and asking them to book anything.  Makes me feel like a telemarketer or something.

jerseymomto3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Quoting mitsukai127:

Quoting ladybug309:

You have to get use to rejection in this business... The phone use to be my biggest enemy... I hated it, until I made a game out of it... I would make 2-3 calls several times a day.  When talking with ladies on the phone I would not tink of it as trying to sell them.. I was asking permission to get together with them and get there oppinion on our wonderful products, and would offer a specila think you gift if they had a girlfrined or 2 there with them... 

But also remember that we are sales people.... 

mitsukai127
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Thanks.  Still nervous.  I know my friends lol.

Quoting jerseymomto3:

Quoting mitsukai127:

Quoting ladybug309:

You have to get use to rejection in this business... The phone use to be my biggest enemy... I hated it, until I made a game out of it... I would make 2-3 calls several times a day.  When talking with ladies on the phone I would not tink of it as trying to sell them.. I was asking permission to get together with them and get there oppinion on our wonderful products, and would offer a specila think you gift if they had a girlfrined or 2 there with them... 

But also remember that we are sales people.... 

jerseymomto3
by on May. 22, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Speaking of friends and family... Do they know you have a new business now? And have you asked if you can borrow there faces to practice on???

mitsukai127
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Yes but they are not very supportive at all so I'm looking for strangers from the start.....

Quoting jerseymomto3:

Speaking of friends and family... Do they know you have a new business now? And have you asked if you can borrow there faces to practice on???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybug309
by Group Owner on May. 22, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Unfortunately No is something we get to hear often. My director challenged me to get 10 women in a day to say no to me, when your looking for the NO its not as devastating lol that might be something you can try.

Also put some facial jars out and have people sign up for free facials, at least then you know these women want you to call them. OH and remember when someone says no to you, they are not saying no to you personally they are saying no to what you are offering.

I'm just full of info today lol...i have a girl, that sign up not that long ago, and she wont let me help her, but she keeps coming up short..no one want to do anything with her, i found out she is not offering them the free facial she is asking them to buy something...when people think they have to purchase they don't even want to get together. that is why i like to tell them it is completely free...and usually when they have tried the product, they buy something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)