Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Goodie Basket

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 410 Total Views

Beauty products

I put my products in this caddy I had to be able to display easier at parties and carry around when warm chattering.

It was fun & easy. Looking forward to seeing what other women think when they get a glimpse of this basket of temptations! :-)

My intent is to hand out samples (I have in a separate bag) & ask if they'd like to enter for a chance to win a gift certificate or gift basket, haven't decided yet.
Either way, the caddy displays the types of cosmetics we have so they get an idea of what they can purchase with their gift certificate or what the gift basket would consist of.
I'm hoping to make a few on-the-go sales as well. But I'd like mostly to get leads and book facials, parties etc to reach out to women in my area (i'm new to the town about a month ago) & get my business growing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jerseymomto3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Cute idea. 

hipmomof2
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Very cute idea!!  Would love to hear how it works for you!

MamisAngels
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
So far, without having the basket, I've handed out 2 samples, 4 business cards. Warm chatter is NOT my comfort zone at all, lol, so I'm challenging myself to strengthen my weaknesses.
Surprisingly when offered, (sample/bus. card) people gladly accepted. I was excited cause it's a big deal for me. I normally don't offer first unless asked. I'm trying to change that in order to be comfortable and grow.
So I'm gaining confidence and trying a little more. Hopefully the basket will add a little more interest and not scare anyone off! ;-) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laceynelson
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I absolutely love it! I would love to know were you got that caddy! I will have to start looking for one!

hipmomof2
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I am so in the same boat as you!!  I have been in MK for 4 yrs and NEVER done a party!!  I have done some open houses and some informal stuff with family and friends, but not one party on my own (my Director has come and done a few as training)!  I, like you, am nervous to just start talking to someone about MK but would like to work on this and think you basket idea is a GREAT way to get started!!  I may have to give this a try (and would love to hear how it is working for you)!!

Quoting MamisAngels:

So far, without having the basket, I've handed out 2 samples, 4 business cards. Warm chatter is NOT my comfort zone at all, lol, so I'm challenging myself to strengthen my weaknesses.
Surprisingly when offered, (sample/bus. card) people gladly accepted. I was excited cause it's a big deal for me. I normally don't offer first unless asked. I'm trying to change that in order to be comfortable and grow.
So I'm gaining confidence and trying a little more. Hopefully the basket will add a little more interest and not scare anyone off! ;-) lol

MamisAngels
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I got the basket a long time ago and forgot where! :/ thankfully it still has the sticker on the bottom :)
It's a shower caddy from Target. Hopefully that helps you find it, if not something similar.

Quoting laceynelson:

I absolutely love it! I would love to know were you got that caddy! I will have to start looking for one!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RebecaSnowden
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM

looks cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)