Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little Help

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:30 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 268 Total Views
Well as i said in my introduction i am new to Mary Kay. Right new i would like some advice. i am getting a bit discouraged at the moment. I have been doing alright, i had my debut and did pretty good, i sold about $100 worth of stuff, and had a couple of personal bookings. but now i seem to have come to a dead end. I have sent everyone i know an email and called them about Mary Kay. The people that i had the facial with have already done a few Mary Kay parties recently, so no luck there, I was given a couple of names from my director of people to call, but one will not receive my phone call, and the other hung up on me. I was trying to get a personal loan to start to build my store, but i have bad credit from stupid mistakes i made when i was younger(i have learned my lesson now). Right now i just don't know what to do. Do any of you have any advice or anything that can help me out? i would really appreciate it!
Nadia
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DMBMom41
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Hi Nadia! Have you done any facial boxes? They are a great way to get new customers and the best thing is, when you get a customer from a facial box, you know they are interested because they put their name in. So you know your not bothering anyone who isn't interested! You can put them in nail or hair salons, dry cleaners, or any independently owned businesses!

Does your director have a unit net site? You should be able to find info about facial boxes there. If not, let me know and I'll give you more info! Here's a picture of one of my boxes!

shannasw
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:23 PM
What a great idea!!! I agree!
ngatsch
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:52 PM
That is a very great suggestion. i will have to look into that with my director. Thank you!
mkgirl
by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Hi there,

I am new to Mary Kay as well...about 4 months.  But I have been in sales most of my life.  Don't think of it as sales, just think of it as talking about something you love to as many people as possible!   I am really starting to work my business alot now.  Saw a team mate win a car now and  I want one!  hehe

Anyway we all have down or difficult days.  Just don't give up!  Have the attitude that you will forge ahead and do something with you business every day!  Also, something that really seems to be working for me right now...is the "fishbowls"  Have you tried that.  If not do so! 

Good luck!

Keep in touch!

Rebecca on Ohio
mchecchia
by on Sep. 3, 2007 at 7:58 PM
This is a great idea.
Thank you,
Melanie
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)