Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Used Uniforms

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:26 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

My son joined cub scouts last year at the end of the year and now we need a uniform for him. He is a bear this year, but we need an entire uniform. He's about a medium / size 8-10. He's taller than a size eight, but smaller around than a size ten.   On top of that my good friend is the den mother and conned me into being her assistant, which means I need a uniform too!  If anyone has one they'd be willing to sell cheap, please let me know.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nuts4scouts
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Contact your Pack's Cubmaster, or Committee Chair.  Many Packs have a stock of "experienced" uniforms, or at least the uniform shirt. 

If your Pack does not have that, I would contact your Council Service Center and speak to your District Executive.  Sometimes a District will have an "experienced uniform" closet.  Or, you might be able to ask the other area Packs at the monthly District Roundtable.

Just a note - I would get him a blue shirt that is big enough for him to wear for the next 2.5 years.  He can stay in the blue shirt (he is not required to wear the tan shirt as a Webelos Scout) until he crosses into Boy Scouts in mid 5th grade.

MichelleMc
by Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I would ask your pack. Alot of them go by the new shirts so they might require the tan shirt for webelos. THat will be good to know before you invest in this year. If you don't get the tan shirt, they can't wear their webelos badge because the other patches will be in the way of where the Webelos badge will go.

Always buy a uniform shirt at least one size big. You can always tuck it, but you will be buying them all the time if not.

I would look on ebay too. I found some awesome deals on there.

Michelle Proud Mom of an Only Child By Choice Jonathan

Proud Teenager, Eagle Ranked Boy Scout, Venture Scout, USPSA Shooting & Scottish Drummer Parent!     Proud Navy Submarine Vets Wife! 

SabrinaStafford
by Member on Oct. 3, 2010 at 12:53 PM

The online scout store usually has lots of clearace items http://scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/default.aspx?cat=01CLO&ctgy=PRODUCTS&C2=CO_APPAREL&C3=&C4=&LV=2 

They don't have the blue shirts now but they do have the tan and the ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)