Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where is everyone??

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

Out enjoying the spring weather I hope!

Our Troop has been very active. We are bridging 2 Webelos up tomorrow night attheir Pack meeting and we willbe camping overnight Fri-Sat and runninga Cub Scout event on Saturday.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Ds1's troop had a fishing campout last weekend. He caught his very first fish- a blue gill. 

This coming weekend is the spring camporee. It's nice all week, and of course a cold front is to come in w/ rain for the weekend. I swear his troop is a rain magnet!

by Member on Apr. 16, 2011 at 5:25 PM
My boys both are now in troop 127 and actively camping and backpacking. They are at lake berryesa this weekend for camporee. I am wishing them the biggest luck. Each patrol and unit is competing . So both of my boys are competing against each other.
Me I've stepped back and become my dd mom and my job scedule has changed so I cannot commit to scouting stuff anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Wakey, WOOHOOO!!  on the fishing. My Troop loves to go fishing.

Ladies... How was Camporee?Since we all just had it!

We had ours the first weekend of April. Over half of our boys were brand new and it was a bit overwhelming. They didn't win any of the events but they had a TON of fun. 

One patrol was all gung -ho and went and did almost every event. They tried everything even if they didn't know what they were doing. LOL. The other patrol was in screw off mode and went and did a few event but for the most part just hung out and played around. Oh well, it was their event to do as they please.

I had one boy down with a migraine Saturday night and missed the big campfire :( but I got to sit backin camp and read a book undisturbed for almost 2 hours. LOL ...not something I get to do a lot.

by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:41 PM

They spent their time alternating between having fun and complaining they were freezing : )  Their Troop's activity was to set up a smaller tent blindfolded. Apparently went over well w/ everyone : )

It was kind of a weird weekend, I think. The Scout who had just lost his father decided to go ahead and go. They just let him do his own thing (within reason) all weekend; he was inducted into the Order of the Arrow Sat. night- one yr. after his dad was. 

by Member on Apr. 29, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Waky- How touching for that young man to follow in dad's footsteps.

We had one of my Webelos lose his father last year on the night of our Pinewood derby. The whole famiy came, they went home and the Dad had a massive heart attack that night. I know his bridging this year has brought out a lot of memories for our scout but he's really doing well. I hope yours does too.

by Member on May. 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I had been gone for a while but back in full force, LOL. After Jonathan had his Eagle Ceremony in August, Jonathan took a little break off which worked because Hubby started school full time while working full time. I got a new job & it just got very nuts. Hubby & Jonathan both stayed very active with  Shooting Sports Committee for our Council. Help at all the events with shooting sports, teach, etc. He just mainly took a little break from the weekly meetings & monthly events with the troop.

But he is back in full force. Started back a while ago & a few weeks ago got voted in as SPL. The adults came to him & asked him to run for it. He is enjoying it. THe troop is very active this month with something every weekend but Memorial Day weekend from now til second week in June. Then the last two weekends of June also but we won't be doing that. ( Summer camp & a trip to Philly ).

I am glad his bagpipe & drum band is taking most of the summer off as scouts, shooting sports, drivers training, etc will be keeping us jumping all summer.

Michelle Proud Mom of an Only Child By Choice Jonathan

Proud Eagle Ranked Scout,USPSA Shooting,Vol Jr Firefighter & Scottish Drummer Mom! Proud Navy Submarine Disabled Vet & Vol Firefighters Wife! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)