Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello......a little introduction

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 442 Total Views

Cafemom emailed me a few days ago, and asked me to take over this group.  They knew that I own other marriage and family groups here on Cafemom including a group called Fireproof Your Marriage. 

So here is a little about me:  :)

I am 34 years old.  I have four children. They are 13 (turning 14 in less than a month), 11, 9, and 4.  They are all boys.  My oldest 3 sons are from my first marriage which was abusive.  Thankfully I got away from that situation.  I had a hard time being a single mom, but after being a single mom for a few years, I met the most incredible man ever.  We started out as coworkers and best friends, then dated, then got engaged, and finally got married.  He loves my oldest three as his own and they all call him "dad" or "daddy."  They haven't seen their biological dad in years. 

After being married for 5 months, we found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. We were beyond excited because we really did want a child together to complete our family.  That is my 4th son.  He was unfortunately born 5 weeks premature and has had a lot of health issues since. 

My marriage has been through A LOT.  We've had good times, and bad, and have shared a lot of laughter, tears, and fears.  The things we've gone through would normally break most marriages but we've only grown stronger from it.  We constantly read up on marriage and communications books together to give us the most tools as possible to have a great marriage.  Those resources have helped a ton.  We love each other dearly and always have, but our marriage has been strained greatly.  I fully believe our faith, and those many books have been the key to having a happy marriage despite all our trials.   The Love Dare, and the movie "Fireproof" (hence the group I own) have been huge in our marriage, along with Love and Respect by Emmerson Eggericks.  I highly recommend both!  :)

I am a SAHM, but am also a professional photographer.  My primary job though is being a mother and wife.  Photography is something I do here and there, and yes I get paid for it.  It's nice to get paid to do something you love.  I have homeschooled in the past, but my oldest three are now in public school (my youngest son's health issues were stressing them out a lot and I felt public school would give them a break from all of that), but my youngest will be homeschooled at least through elementary school due to his immune system issues.  He will most likely be homeschooled through middle school as well.  We will see when that time comes (and it does come FAST). 

I think that's good for a start up introduction.  :)  You can see pictures of me and my boys in my siggy that is included with this post.   (As well as my profile picture obviously lol)  I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!  Please read through the guidelines as I will be going through them, and I will most likely make this group a private group where people have to apply to join.  Primarily because I found this beneficial in the "Fireproof Your Marriage" group.  I find moms were able to open up more and felt safer knowing that the only people who could read their posts were members of the group.  Feel free to ask any questions, give suggestions or comments, or just send me a private email too if you want.  :)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lisa0626
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Hello Nancy, thank you for taking care of the group. Welcome.

proverbsmommy4
by Group Owner on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for the welcome.  I actually have since changed my profile picture (obviously LOL) because I joined another group on here where I felt it best my identity be kept private. So the original pic of me isn't in my profile picture anymore but it's still in my siggy.  LOL  Thanks again for the Welcome! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)