Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Dane or Not To Dane

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 397 Total Views
I have been researching dog breeds, and have decided a Great Dane is the best personality match for me.  Our neighbor has a blue Dane named Zeus, and he is 37 inches tall--by far the tallest Dane I have seen!!  He is a dear, and the more I get to know him, the more I am convinced that this is the right decision for me.

I would love to hear from any and all of you!  If you have a Dane, tell me about him/her, and offer any advice or tips or stories to help me in my decision.

by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomandConnor
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Hi!

Thanks for joining my group!  We own three Danes!  Our "addiction" started off with our youngest neutered male named Duke.  He is black and his picture is in the pics section.  Next came Haley, our 8 year old fawn female.  And last but not least came Geraldine, or Gerry.  She is 9 and she is black and white.  We love our Danes.  They aren't just pets, they are members of the family!  They are wonderful with our children and they are only protective if we aren't home.  Otherwise, a simple "woof" lets us know if there is a stranger about!  They love to romp and play with each other in the back yard.  We adopted all of our Danes from rescues and/or our local shelter.  A rescue is a wonderful place to get a Dane.

If you have any questions, please feel free to write or post!

Best of luck finding your Dane!

Peggy

twoteenagers
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2007 at 9:58 PM
HI  I have an 8 year old Dane. His name is Sampson. He is such a funny dog. I also don't think of him as just a DOG he is my baby. He has a great temperment and is wonderful with kids. I live in the country and I never lock my door because I know no one will come in my house with Sampson in here. I never worry about the girks being here by theirselves either. He is a great protector. Another dog dare not come in our yard. I can't say enough good about Danes. I love them. I have 4 other dogs also but I hate to admit it, Sampson is my pick.  Best of luck to you finding your Dane.
                    ~Tina~
HesterQuill
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Thank you both for your answers to my post.  My hubbie and I have put our name in for a Dane for early fall.  We currently have an Alaskan Malamute and two cats.  Although I hate to wait, this will give us a chance to think about logistics--any new puppy requires a bit of planning.....like a new baby!

We've decided on a female.  Anyone have name ideas?  I've started a list but would welcome ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)