Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself!!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 310 Total Views
Please tell us a little about yourself and why you home school. Thank you for joining and looking foward to getting to know each and everyone of you.
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:44 PM
Ok, I will be married 18 years this July. My daughter, Kara, is 16 and my son, Kane, is 12. They are into moto-cross and all the outdoors stuff. We live 5 minutes from town but it's far enough out in the country that we don't see the city lights.We have lots of woods on our property so it provides lost of science field trips. We are in our 6th year of homeschooling. I was just fed up in general with the public school system. My daughter did go back the second semester of her freshman year, saw the difference such as fights daily, kids being unrespectfull to the teachers, sex, bj's at school, drugs....that's why I started my group called Public School Horror Stories on cafemom. We are just the average family - we were referred to, in general - all homeschoolers, on the debate group on here as weird homeschoolers, lol. We have freedom.....isn't that what the USA is all about?   Becky
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 7:30 PM
Hey my name is Sarah, I actually was homeschooled from 3rd grade- 12th and I loved it. I'm thinking about homeschooling my daughter but she is only 2 now.  Thought I'd see what was up with this group. Anybody live in Louisville? When I was homeschooling we had a group that met a couple of times a month for activities, church, just to socialize mostly but it was a blast. I loved homeschooling because I pretty much picked what I wanted to take when and worked at my own pace so I ended up graduating when everyone I knew was either a sophmore or junior. Anyways Good luck it can be a little hard...
by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 1:55 PM
Hi, my name is Beth. I have been marrie d15 years and have a wonderful 4 year old, Ethan. I have many reasons for wanting to homeschool...
1) I remeber the h--- i went through in school because i was "different". and how that changed my outgoing personality into one that is now afraid of people. (strangely, i like people, but being around them brings on panic attacks)
2)after i was finally allowed to be homeschooled, i did so much bettter academically.
3)All the horrible things that can happen in public school!!!(and yes, even in gradeschool!!)
4)I need this time with my son. It took 5 years to get him, he will probably be an only, they grow up so fast and i cannot bear the thought of letting him go to complete strangers to change him, or hurt him, and take him away from me before he is grown. (i know he will grow up, i want him to. I just want him to grow into the good man i know he can become without interference)
   hope i don't sound "loony", the way i think things and the way they come out are usually 2 different things.   O, and i like to talk a lot, can u tell?

Ethan's MamaPS i live in western kentucky, near paducah, and would love to meet some moms near me

by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 4:09 PM
I have been married almost 6 months and our first child will be due Christmas.  We plan to homeschool our children (as many as come along...) after elementary school.  From middle on, it seems like the schools in our area (western KY near Paducah) just don't live up to preparing a person for the world.  I graduated with a 4.0, but I still haven't done anything professionally with my life because my school's curriculum was so general that it gives no direction.  My children will probably be able to help me with their classes (like which foreign languages they take), but they will definitely be more challenged than I was.

Act always as if someone is watching...

by New Member on Mar. 26, 2008 at 11:41 AM
Hi I am Ginny,
I am a 26 yr old SAHM/Homeschooler of three boys.
My oldest will be 13 in May and has ADD, some speech problems as well as emotional and behavioral issues due to his life before us. He was in a car accident when he was only 4 and he sustained frontal lobe damage which makes it hard for him to control his emotions at time and remember things. He is very artistic and loves to draw.

My middle son will be 12 in April and has Mild CP, ADHD, He sustained a TBI as well from the same car accident in 99 and had an anoxic brain injury which effects his day to day living. He has speech and behavioral issues and emotional as well. Mostly due to his life before us as well. But he is a trooper and makes progress every day.

My youngest is 9 and was only 6 months old when the accident happend. It took the life of their sister who was only 2. He has ADHD, ODD, PTSD as well as speech delays and emotional behavioral issues.

We have been homeschooling for two years and just recently moved to Kentucky from Virginia last June. We are in the Bluegrass region and are loving it here
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)