Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitex and cinnamon?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2008 at 11:57 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 1282 Total Views
I just read a reponse from a PCOS member about her taking vitex and cinnamon. She stated that she has lost weight and feels great   someone tell me the secret...I NEED to know LOL
by on Mar. 7, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NBDickinson
by Member on Mar. 8, 2008 at 12:12 AM
Cinnamon assists with keeping the blood sugar level within normal limits. When the BSL is within normal limits, it will help turn food into energy as it's supposed to. Not turn it into stored fat as it does when it's off the hook.

Vitex basically assists with regulating the female hormones. Keeping the cycles regular and possibly inducing ovulation. I was doing that for awhile but was out back on Metformin, but still take cinnamon once or twice a day. I also take Tri-Chromium once a day. If you would like to know more supplements to take for PCOS, don't hesitate to pm me. I have found what works for me and with my last blood work, all the levels were back to WLN! I have been taking the supplements for no more than a year. I don't take Vitex on its own though. I take it with a combination of other herbs meant for the female system.
momsomeday1113
by on Mar. 8, 2008 at 3:48 PM
How do you take the cinnamon?  And is vitex over the counter or must I have a prescription???  what other vitamins are you taking?  Any luck with regular ovulation (if you don't mind me asking)??
Quoting NBDickinson:

Cinnamon assists with keeping the blood sugar level within normal limits. When the BSL is within normal limits, it will help turn food into energy as it's supposed to. Not turn it into stored fat as it does when it's off the hook.

Vitex basically assists with regulating the female hormones. Keeping the cycles regular and possibly inducing ovulation. I was doing that for awhile but was out back on Metformin, but still take cinnamon once or twice a day. I also take Tri-Chromium once a day. If you would like to know more supplements to take for PCOS, don't hesitate to pm me. I have found what works for me and with my last blood work, all the levels were back to WLN! I have been taking the supplements for no more than a year. I don't take Vitex on its own though. I take it with a combination of other herbs meant for the female system.

emyjane
by Member on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:17 AM
Well Vitex is just and Herb in a pill. It is not very expensive either nor the Cinnamon. I have been taking these for about 2 months or so and it is helping me. I am getting fuller quicker, I amnot always wanting to eat. And I have ben getting my period regularly. Just like clock work!!!! I am so happy. Well I hate having a period but I am so happy I am becoming normal!! Go to
www.puritanspride.com this is where I get my vitmains from and right now they are running the buy 2 get 3 free sale!!

Good luck!!
Oh and I recommend taking a multi vitamin there are a lot of things in there that we need.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)