Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TATER TOT CASSEROLE

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 358 Total Views
TATER TOT CASSEROLE

1 1/2 Cup Milk
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 oz deli sliced cooked ham, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 pkg (32 oz) frozen tater tots
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen mixed veggies, thawed (any combination you want)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, Coat 3 qt baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whick milk and eggs. Stir in 1 cup of cheese and ham. Set asside 2 cups of tater tots. Stir remaining tater tots into egg mixture with vegetables. Pour into baking dish. Top with reserved tater tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 45 mins or until golden brown.

I KNOW IT'S NOT A 30 MINUTE MEAL BUT IT'S EASY TO PREP AND THROW IN THE OVEN WHILE YOU FIGHT WITH THE KIDS.

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KimmyShaw
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:48 PM
my mouth is watering!!!!

Deb2229dz
by on Mar. 8, 2008 at 1:07 PM
That's an interesting way to make your casserole.  I make mine completely different, but I think I will have to try yours!  Sounds good!

Here's my version:

Brown 3/4 lb or so lean ground beef with diced onions in pan.  Set aside when done.

In sprayed casserole dish, add layer of frozen tater tots, add the ground beef, add 1/2 jar (or more) of Ragu cheese sauce, add another layer of tater tots, add more cheese sauce if desiredm and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake, covered, in 400 degree oven 40 mintues or until browned on top.
mimosa330
by on Jul. 14, 2008 at 6:40 PM
These both sound great.   I make mine in the crockpot - fix & forget, right? 

Sometimes I change things around but make the basic tater tot casserole (ground beef, tater tots, mushroom soup, etc.), and have used the hot bulk sausage (like Bob Evans) in place of the ground beef.    It gives it a little kick.    I'll bet you could come up with 100 different recipes for this type of casserole & all would be good.

supportaspca.gif Support The ASPCA picture by violentmonkey42

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)