Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stinky?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:11 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 432 Total Views

Does anyone else's dog stink? I mean I've tried two different shampoos, the first was a puppy shampoo, so I got some 4 in 1 kind (supposed to deodorize) but the smell doesn't go away.Not like poop or pee, just the musky stinky dog smell, but I mean, shouldn't that go away at least for a while after she is washed? I don't get it, my parent's dogs don't stink. What kind of shampoo do you use? I just don't know what to do with this dog!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momoftwinspl1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:26 AM

My aunt has told me this is how hers is also. Which he has a skin problem. Mine doesnt stink unless you dont give her her weekly bath. Which she just got spayed this week so this may be changing. I hope not I am ready for my little princess to be back.

Bzylady
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM

One of my dogs is like this, she is just a stinky dog.  I have finally found a shampoo that helps.  But I have tried TONS!!!  I like to shop at petsmart because if it does not work well, you can return it.  Try a shampoo with Tea Tree in it.  it should help break down the odors as well.

stacey0716
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Thank you, I will try it.

Quoting Bzylady:

One of my dogs is like this, she is just a stinky dog.  I have finally found a shampoo that helps.  But I have tried TONS!!!  I like to shop at petsmart because if it does not work well, you can return it.  Try a shampoo with Tea Tree in it.  it should help break down the odors as well.

Bzylady
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM

No problem.  Beware that the tea tree has a smell of its own though too, some people do not like it.  I personally do, but my husband is not a huge fan of it. 

Quoting stacey0716:

Thank you, I will try it.

Quoting Bzylady:

momofbaizoe
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2010 at 2:24 PM

My oldest shih tzu is the same way, but only if he dosent have a bath. We actually use johnson and Johnson oatmeal baby soap. Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)