Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2007 at 10:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 313 Total Views
Any body doing any special treats for halloween?? I need some ideas on some spooky desserts

PILA

Come join our Sagittarius group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/19255

by on Sep. 29, 2007 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaDiane
by on Sep. 29, 2007 at 8:23 PM

We did the spaghetti with eyeballs last year, that was alot of fun:
Halloween Spaghetti and Eyeballs

Here's looking at you, kid. Halloween Spaghetti and Eyeballs2 lbs. lean ground beef 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs 2 tbsp. ketchup 2 eggs 1 tbsp. fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried 1 7-oz. jar pimiento-stuffed olives 1 26-oz. jar prepared pasta sauce 1 lb. spaghetti 1 tbsp. olive oil Step 1
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2
Mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, eggs and basil in a large bowl. Using the meat mixture, form about 30 small meatballs.

Step 3
To make the eyeballs, press an olive into each meatball, pimiento side out. Place the eyeballs in a baking dish, cover with the pasta sauce, and bake for 45 minutes.

Step 4
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water. Drain and rinse the spaghetti and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent strands from sticking together. Put it on a platter or in a large serving bowl.

Step 5
Spoon the eyeballs onto the spaghetti, irises up, and spoon the pasta sauce around them. Makes 10 servings.

Also, I have a ghost shaped cookie cutter that I cut out rice crispy treats with.  The, we dust it with powdered sugar and put a dab of the black icing gel, like is sold on the grocery shelf, to draw on eyes and a spooky mouth.
prescilla210
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 10:40 AM
lol the eyeballs sounded funny, I can just picture myself biting into something that looks like an eyesball. I bet the kids will love that

PILA

Come join our Sagittarius group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/19255

ZsMommy
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:54 AM
You can get lots of ideas at recipezaar.com (my fave recipe site)-Just type in Halloween....Some fun ideas are "Kitty Litter" (type in"Kitty litter" for recipe) or I make Halloween bark......

18 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels (a bag and a half. Milk chocolate may be used instead of semi-sweet) 2 cups candy corn

Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees.

1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Spread chocolate morsels over the baking pan and place in oven.
  3. Allow the chips to melt.
  4. Remove pan and spread chips evenly
  5. Sprinkle chocolate with candy corn.
  6. Press candy corn down slightly.
  7. Allow to cool (quick set in freezer or refrigerator).
  8. Break apart.
  9. Makes roughly 8-10 snack size baggies for gift giving.

Heids...

MamaDiane
by on Oct. 6, 2007 at 8:17 AM

Bump  
ZsMommy
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 11:54 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN