Armadillo Eggs Recipe
- 12 Servings
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) whole pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 envelopes pork-flavored seasoned coating mix
each jalapeno in half lengthwise; remove seeds and stems. Stuff each
pepper half with about 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. In a bowl, combine
the uncooked sausage, biscuit mix and remaining cheese; mix well. Shape
about 2 tablespoonfuls around each pepper.
- Dip into eggs, then roll in coating mix. Place on a baking
sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or
until golden brown. Yield: about 3 dozen.
on Jan. 11, 2010 at 5:56 PM