- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 slices of whole-wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8-ounce) container strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 teaspoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
Place 1 tablespoon of ricotta in the center of 4 of the pieces of bread and spread around slightly. Top with about 6 slices of strawberries and a teaspoon of chocolate chips. Cover each with another piece of bread to make a "sandwich".
Spray a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and preheat. Carefully dip each of the "sandwiches" into the egg mixture until completely moistened. Then place on the skillet and cook over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the outside is golden brown and the center is warm and chocolate is melted.
Transfer to serving places. Top with remaining strawberries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Admin To Autism/Aspergers/Pdd-Nos Group Owner to Country Cooking and Crafter's in Need of a 12 step Program