Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hawaiian Dream Cake

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

Hawaiian Dream Cake

1 butter cake mix

1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple

1 C. sugar

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

3 C. confectioners' sugar

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 C. shredded coconut

Prepare cake mix as directed on the back of the box, and pour into a greased, 13x9 glass pan. Bake according to package directions for this pan size. When cake is done, allow to cool for ten minutes. Using the back of a wooden spoon or a chopstick, liberally poke holes all over the cake’s surface. Set aside.

Open can of crushed pineapple, and remove three tablespoons of the juice to another bowl. Save reserved juice for later. In the meantime, pour the rest of the can’s contents into a small saucepan. Add the cup of sugar, and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, lower heat to medium high, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, stirring every minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

While pineapple glaze is cooling, make the frosting by combining the cream cheese, softened butter (or margarine), confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, and reserved pineapple juice. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.

Spoon the pineapple over cake, slightly pushing with the back of your spoon to work the pineapple into the holes. Once cake is well covered, frost with cream cheese frosting, using a gentle hand to spread it over the pineapple. Sprinkle with coconut (toasted, if you like) or you may use 1 cup of pecan pieces instead. Chill for at least four hours before serving. This may be made up to two days ahead of time. The cake gets better the longer it sits!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ginal966
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 10:38 AM

This sounds sooooo yummy!   I am going to make it for our sunday dinner!  Thanks.

cindie83099
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Yummo!!!!!!!

ZsMommy
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 2:48 AM

I say add some rum flavor to this ,use the Pecans and I'm in!!! LOL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)