Chocolate Cookie Cake Recipe
Photo by: Taste of Home
85% would make again
cake is a showstopper and tastes as good as it looks," says Renee
Zimmer of Gig Harbor, Washington. "It's a quicker version of a favorite
scratch cake. Using a boxed mix saves time when my schedule is
hectic," she adds.
- 12 Servings
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 16 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; stir in
crushed cookies. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube
- Bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
Beat in cream until mixture begins to thicken. Gradually add
confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Frost cake. Garnish
with additional cookies. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
on Sep. 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM