Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 4 Green bell peppers
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup white uncooked rice, rinsed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce (Hunts)
- Sour cream for garnish (optional)
peppers. Cut off tops and remove seeds. Season cavities lightly with
salt and pepper.
- Add onion, ground chuck, rice, egg, salt, pepper and garlic to bowl . Mix well.
- Stuff peppers lightly with meat mixture because rice will expand.
- Place peppers in a small slow cooker, pot or oven. Mix
together tomato sauce and pour over peppers. Cook on low for 8
to 10 hours for slow cooker. This also can be cooked in a 350-degree oven for 1 hour or
on the stove top for 1 hour.
- Serve peppers with a dollop of sour cream, if desired, and crusty white or rye bread. Cooked peppers freeze well if covered with sauce.