Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kid friendly foods?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 6:29 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 318 Total Views
 I will Ibe sitting for my 4 grandchildren now that school is out. That makes 6 kids 5 days a week. Ages 13, 2-10 yo, 9, 8, & 7
I am planning a weekly menu of breakfast and lunch. I need some ideas. I don't want to feed them the same things over and over. Got any suggestions? 

Thanks!
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaDiane
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 11:50 AM
Well, I can give you some ideas of what the kids and I eat for those meals.  Usually we have a lite lunch, and I fix a heavier dinner cause that is when Daddy is home....

Breakfast - my kids alternate alot.  They love the yogurt drinks, egg sandwiches on toast, french toast sticks, pancakes and of course CORNFLAKES!  LOL  Something new they really like is cutting up some fresh fruit and rolling it up in a plain tortilla for a fruit wrap.

Lunch - hotdogs with chips, sandwiches with fruit, noodle roni or ramon noodles with peas or corn on the side, grill cheese is an all time favorite. 

Let's make Meal time, Family time!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/CountryCooking

dakatw
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 12:00 PM
I run a daycare and I used to break my back cooking fancy meals everyday but then they wouldn't eat them! My kids would, they love salads and all kinds of "adult" meals! So I switched to simpler things. Now everyone eats! Just be sure that you are aware of any kind of food allergy before you start!

Lunch: P,B,&J, Grilled cheese, Ramen noodles, spaghettios, spaghetti and meatballs, corn on cob, carrots and ranch dressing, beanie weenies (just split the hotdogs down the middle and then chop before you cook them in the beans), hot dogs (split down the middle again, not only does it make them safer but the kids can get their mouths around them!) hamburgers, baked fries, pizza, chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, quesadillas with salsa

Breakfast: poptarts(every kid I have watched adores these), cold cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt (I buy the gogurt in a tube and then freeze them, the kids think they are eating ice cream!), apples, bananas, grapes (split in half!), strawberries, oranges, granola bars, pancakes, biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, breakfast pizza, muffins

Snacks: animal crackers, graham crackers, fruit, pudding, yogurt, cheeze crackers, actually any kind of crackers!, cookies, granola bars, cheese cubes, smoothies, popsicles, cupcakes

I know that it will seem that you are serving the same thing everyday but kids love the repetition. Give them a choice between two meals or snacks and let them choose. Also you can get the children involved in preparing the meals and they will be more likely to eat something that they fix! I hope this helps!
momofsix317
by Owner on Jun. 22, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Thanks for the help. I added a lot to my list!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)