Homemade Fiddle Faddle- great holidat treat or gift
Toffee Popcorn Crunch
* 8 cups popped popcorn
* 3/4 cup whole almonds or slivered almonds or peanuts
* 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
* 1/2 cup light corn syrup
1. Heat oven to 275°F. Grease large roasting pan (OR two 13x9x2-inch baking pans). Place popcorn and almonds in prepared pan.
2. Combine toffee bits and corn syrup in heavy medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until toffee is melted (about 12 minutes). Pour over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated.
3. Bake 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from oven; stir every 2 minutes until slightly cooled. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container in cool, dry place. About 1 pound popcorn.
NOTE: For best results, do NOT double this recipe.