Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay ladies, DH says that my lasagna, speghetti and goulash all taste the same!

Posted by on May. 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 343 Total Views

So I need some help so that there IS a difference! What do you put in each of yours to make them all different? Thanks!

by on May. 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mybratsmom
by on May. 7, 2009 at 7:41 PM

So what are you using?  I think that's where the difference is...

Spaghetti - crushed tomatoes seasoned with garlic and onion powder...mushrooms, olives, ground beef, basil ...basically whatever I think would taste good

Lasagna - crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, onions, garlic, ground beef, spicy sausage, basil, salt & pepper,  ricotta cheese with parsley and egg, usually some squash can be snuck in there too if it's sliced really thin.

Goulash (Sp?) - Mine is super easy but it's my #1 comfort food - diced tomatoes and garlic salt, ground beef and elbow macaroni - it's my "i'm running late and want to go to bed" meal...:)

mamagraham81
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Pretty much the same thing, just different noodles!

Spaghetti-noodles, sauce from a jar and hamburger.

Lasagna- I just add cheese in between the layers. I have tried the cottage cheese and it seems to make it soupy.

Goulash- see speghetti only with elbow noodles.

My husband says that when he was growing up (from a different state then me) they put corn in the goulash. But I don't think that I could eat it that way and DS has an allergy to corn.

I asked DH the other night when I made Lasgana, if I put some egg plant in it would he eat it and he said "probably not". I have had it that way once and loved it. what ever i do I am going to have to "hide" things, too many picky eaters at the dinner table and I guess that is why they all three taste the same.

ZsMommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Goulash shouldn't taste like either of the two...It's more a liquid-y stew...I'll find ya a recipe.

If you use cottage cheese for lasagna-use large curd,drain the liquid and add the parmesan,mozerella and egg (s) to firm up the cheese mix-I actually prefer cottage cheese and never had a problem with it being soupy-I just follow the directions on the lasagna noodle package

Spaghetti....That all depends on how you treat the sauce and meat if using a meat sauce (If you like meat sauce...I'll look for a bolognese sauce recipe...)

Let us know :)

Heids

If you like to cook n share recipes,Come Check out Country Cooking

http://www.cafemom.com/group/6103

ZsMommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Goulash

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1
    Heat the oil in a large stock pot. Dust all the meat in the seasoned flour and fry until browned, remove.
  2. 2
    Without rinsing the pot, add the butter and cook the onions, pepper and garlic until soft. Put the meat back in and add the tomato paste and paprika.
  3. 3
    Add the potatoes at this point (if using). Add water to just barely cover and simmer on low heat for 1-1 1/2 hours.

Heids

ZsMommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Bolognese Sauce (rich meat sauce)

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1
    Heat the butter and oil in a heavy saucepan.
  2. 2
    Add the onion, and cook over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes.
  3. 3
    Add the bacon and cook until the onion is translucent.
  4. 4
    Stir in the carrot, celery and garlic.
  5. 5
    Cook 3-4 minutes more.
  6. 6
    Add the beef and crumble it into the vegetables with a fork.
  7. 7
    Stir until the meat loses its red color.
  8. 8
    Season with salt and pepper.
  9. 9
    Pour in the wine, raise the heat slightly, and cook until the liquid evaporates, 3-4 minutes.
  10. 10
    Add the milk and cook until it evaporates.
  11. 11
    Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, and the herbs.
  12. 12
    Bring the sauce to a boil.
  13. 13
    Reduce the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered for 1 1/2-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
  14. 14
    Serve over pasta.

Heids

mamagraham81
by on May. 11, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Well I am willing to try any thing. I am going to put the ingredients on my list and try the ones above. Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)