Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Alergies

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 303 Total Views

I need all the advise i can get I just found out that my 4 year old is alergic to Milk and Egg whites. Her favorites foods of couse contain both. Mac&cheese, grilled cheese, fired anything, icecream, and favorite drink milk she has been consuming nearly a gal. a week. As of today it has to stop. any advise?

Priscilla
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Josef1129
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 8:03 AM

You have it easy :-)  Seriously, milk and egg whites are fairly easy to find substitues for.  For example, fried chicken you do NOT need an egg white...we have NEVER used egg for our pan-fried chicken instead we just make sure the chicken is wet with water :-)

Josef has a severe gluten intolerance and severe allergies to soy, peanuts and tree nuts.  He also has allergies to casein (milk protien), beans, lemon, grapefruit, eggs, flax, chocolate and coffee.  Now THAT can prove to be fun, lol.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

Crystal, SAHM to Josef age 5.6yrs, 43" overall, 17" torso. Britax Regent (2005 Honda Accord) and SK Monteray(2004 Chevy Impala)

Anniefofannie
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 6:36 PM

There are many milk free products.  Many years ago I used Non Dairy Creamer in place of Milk for my son.  Cheese is harder to find a replacement for but there is soy cheese and rice cheese.  I have American flavored Rice "cheese".  You can  make grilled cheese with that.  I am dairy free except for butter and plain yogurt.  Sometimes people can have those.  I am also Soy free because of breast cancer history and gluten free.  My skin clears up when I eat right and I feel so much better.  So, instead of thinking of it like a deprivation for her remember that it is a gift for her to feel better.  My doctor says I have probably had these problems my whole life but just didn't know what was wrong.  Also I have a dairy free frozen dessert called Coconut Dream and there is also Rice Dream frozen dessert.  They cost more but if it is just for one person it is worth it to spend the money so they can have it when others have the regular stuff. 

mamagraham81
by on Jul. 19, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Not sure where you are at, but out Hy-Vee (grocher) has a health food area and I have seen in that area boxes of mac& cheese. I haven't looked at the ingredents so not sure what is in it. But you can find tons of ways around that. My kids like rice milk, so i use that alot, if you are looking for something that has less carbs, Almond milk is the way to go, doesn't taste as good, but they can't tell if you put it in something. I deal with no peanuts, milk, eggs, whey, and corn. And by the way I just found out that hot dogs have whey....grrr.

geussmoma
by on Jul. 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Thank you so much.  It is good to know there are products out there. My Daughter is now on almond milk and loving it.  We are stil doging cheese, and Egg Whites.  Thank you again

Priscilla
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)