Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BOYS AND HAIRCUTS!!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 12:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 220 Total Views
MY BOYS HATE THEIR HAIR CUT!!!!! MY 3 YEAR OLD SCREAMS AND CRIES LIKE HE IS ABOUT TO DIE!!!! WHY DO THEY DO THIS???? JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE ELSES BOYS ARE THIS WAY!!!!
by on May. 4, 2007 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NicknJonsMom
by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:38 PM
When my older child was young he cried.  You would have thought that the girl was cutting his head off not his hair.  I wish I had an explanation for it but I don't.  My younger one was much better because I primed my older one that he had to set a good example for the baby.  So Nicholas went first and Jonathan  saw that is wasn't any big deal and he has been fine.

Mary
mom-2-3boys
by New Member on May. 5, 2007 at 3:42 PM
My oldest hates having his hair cut. I started taking him to a just for kids salon and he does much better. It is a little more expensive, but worth it for him not to throw a fit.
Shawnsmom2005
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:10 PM
My oldest my oldest just turned 2 last month and it was December before he ever had his haircut. I was so proud of him. He sat there and didn't complain a bit. We haven't been back yet so I'm not sure how it'll go when we do.
momof4boys2007
by Member on May. 22, 2007 at 12:16 PM
When my oldest was little he progressively got wose when it came to cutting his hair.  We finally had to have our hairdresser take the clippers to him and simply make it fast.  Once he got into that routine, things went much smoother.  He woul scream for only a few minutes and then we were done.  Eventually he got better about it but it took a few cuts before he was okay with it.  I would have thought he would be more afraid of the sheers because they make noise but if you put scissors up to his head he gets nervous.  As he's gotten older, he's taken the scissors to his own hair when ever it gets too long.  Now I have sheers of my own and cut all my boys hair at the house.  They were $24 and paid for them selves after the first cut.
vamomof2
by on Jun. 1, 2007 at 4:25 PM
Sorry, from day 1 both of my boys have done wonderful with haircuts.  I don't know what it was.  I think I started both of them in my lap when they got theirs but now they sit in their little booster seat and sit so still and quiet.  I'm amazed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)