Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this ok?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 12:17 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

My husband passed away September 29, 2011.  Long story short he took his own life via the cops.  Well his sister has asked the I let my 2 little girls ages 4 years and 21 months if she "have them"  every other weekend.  Almost like she has visitation with them.  She has 5 kids of her own and is very good with my daughters.  I just don't know if it is good for my daughters to be reminded of their daddy in such a strong way. 

Every time they come home they have not taken a bath, and they are always sick when they come home.  They have started a 3 ring binder and there is a new picture of their daddy in it when ever they come back.  There are no pictures of me or of Jeff and I together in this binder.  

I just don't know what to think here.  Can someone please help me out?

Thanks

Courtney 

by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gabe06tara07
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM

The presence of my husband gets stronger for my children each day.  There isn't a day that goes by when we dont talk about him, look at pictures, visit the cemetery, etc.  We also live with my husband's brother and his family so my children are surrounded by people who love them.  While she doesn't have any visitation rights, I think that your children should remain close with his side of the family and visa versa.  Your children are all that is left of him and im sure his family takes comfort in that too.  Whatever you decide has to be best for you and you have to be comfortable with that idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)