Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she'll never know her father...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:30 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 745 Total Views

this is my daughter Averi, she was born Dec. 28 of 2010 along with her sister Reyna and her brother Rylan. Reyna and Rylan didn't make it past 3 days and Averi was in the hospital the first month of her life... their father, Duff, died in a car accident on his way to see Averi a few days before they released her... he was supposed to be at work but they thought things were going wrong and i made him come to the hospital.... she'll never know her father. i'm only 17 so i don't really understand how to deal with this kind of... loss. we were together 2 years before this all happened. i guess i just thought people going through the same thing might make it seem a little bit easier to deal with..

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HuskerAtHeart
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:52 AM

My hubby and I were together for 14 years.  Married for 7 and we have two beautiful little girls.  Lexi is 4 she was 3 and a half when her daddy died and Kenzie is 21 months she was 14 months old.  All I can say is talk to the little one about her dad always.  Make sure you have pictures of him.  Keep some of his t shirts around.  Don't wash them let her snuggle up to them.  Keep them for when she gets older and can wear them to sleep in.  I know she is really young now but it will make a huge difference in the future.  I hope this helps a little.

Courtney

alainaelizabeth
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:30 PM
i already did the tshirt thing, i always stayed over before it happened so we just moved into his old apartment for awhile, and people told me it was crazy because she's just a baby and if she never knew him she won't miss him. but i already know what it likes to have no father so i already knew how shell feel. i know you didn't say much, but it makes me feel better to know that i'm not the only one with this situation. thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seans_mammabear
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:18 PM

There are some widow groups on cafemom you should join them.

alainaelizabeth
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM
i wasn't sure if i'm considered a widow or not.. i claimed to be in a group once and a women flipped on me..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitethornwidow
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Your baby is beautiful.  My husband died on 10/13/10 and my birthday is also 12/28.  15 years ago when I was first married I had a daughter who died at birth.  Knowing the pain of both those losses my heart goes out to you to have to suffer both at once.  You are young and now you have a lot of healing to do while you raise your daughter.  Of course she will want to know all about her father when she is older, keep a journal and write down everything you remember about him now so it will be fresh in the years ahead.  Give yourself a lot of love and don't  let other people's judgments affect you, just do your best.  And, you are a widow.

alainaelizabeth
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2011 at 2:25 PM

everything you all are saying helps a lot. and thank you ALL for not judging me on my age. i used to get alot of it, and it means alot that you all haven't said anything negative about it.

whitethornwidow-> thank you, she's my greatest achievement i'll ever have in my life.(: things are actually easier now because Duff's sister saw me out with Averi and my brother, and she's been coming over a lot and talking to me and things.

missingus
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Yes, how do we ever deal with that. I have to small boys:( Thier dad has only been gone 2 months and its like they have already moved on.

Umlau
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey father was a dick, he needs to be taught a lesson.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)