Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NY Times Current Best Sellers for Paperback..

Posted by   + Show Post

This weeks best sellers..

Have you read any of these?

Planning to read?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (11-17):
tooptimistic
by Hi~ I'm Kelly!! on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM

JUST KATE, by Linda Lael Miller. (Harlequin, $6.99.) After a painful betrayal by those she loves, Kate Blake decides it’s time to live for herself and claim what she wants; includes the bonus book "His Only Wife," by Cathy McDavid. 3

Bleacheddecay
by Group Admin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Generally I try to avoid best sellers. I don't think what everyone else is doing is what's best most of the time.

I've already read The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I really enjoyed it once I got past the first few chapters and to where the humans were.

I've tried to read A Game Of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin more than once but it just hasn't worked for me yet. I expect someday to read it and watch the show.

Kill Me If You Can, by James Patterson is one I might read someday. I first have to get over the last book by him that I read. It really angered me and I felt lied to as a reader. I used to love his books.
VanBurren
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Quoting tooptimistic:

STAY CLOSE, by Harlan Coben. (Signet, $9.99.) A disappearance in Atlantic City brings together three frustrated people — a soccer mom, a photographer and a detective — whose lives were once connected. 

I love Harlan Coben....this one is on my list:)

VanBurren
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting tooptimistic:

KILLING FLOOR, by Lee Child. (Jove, $9.99.) In the first book in the Jack Reacher series, Child’s ex-military investigator is just passing through Margrave, Ga., when he’s arrested for murder. 15

I've read this one....great book.  In fact, I think about four books in on this series, but this first one was the best so far.  LOVE Jack Reacher.

indygo88
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM

"The Host" is the only one I've read, & probably the only of those that I will read.

RhiannonMare
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I avoid best sellers as well. If it's a book that I really want to read then I'll read it, but I won't read a book simply because it's on the best sellers list. I used to work at Books a Million and we had a regular customer who would ask us to print out the list of the NY Times best seller lists because that's how she picked out what she would read.

Since I love epic fantasy, I really, really wanted to enjoy A Game of Thrones. But the only character I really cared for, Eddard Stark, got whacked and after he was gone I realized that I didn't give a damn about any of the other characters.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Generally I try to avoid best sellers. I don't think what everyone else is doing is what's best most of the time.

I've already read The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I really enjoyed it once I got past the first few chapters and to where the humans were.

I've tried to read A Game Of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin more than once but it just hasn't worked for me yet. I expect someday to read it and watch the show.

Kill Me If You Can, by James Patterson is one I might read someday. I first have to get over the last book by him that I read. It really angered me and I felt lied to as a reader. I used to love his books.

babygirl5151999
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't read any of them, but probably would read the "girly" ones

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)