Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Simple History, books that make learning fun. What do you think?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

I have started a series called 'Simple History'. These books are for kids and intended to be quickly read as an introduction to historical subjects. They are fun eye catching and collectible. :)

Smiley face

Simple History, A simple guide to World War I

http://amzn.to/KqBNPD

Jump into the muddy trenches of the World War I and discover the story of one of the bloodiest wars in history! On the way meet the soldiers and leaders of the conflict and explore the exciting weapons, tanks, planes & technology of battle. Illustrated in the popular minimalist style of today, young reader's imaginations will come to life. Simple history gives you the facts in a simple uncomplicated and eye catching way. Simple history is part of an ongoing series, what will be the next episode? Designed for children aged 9 -12

Smiley face

Simple art, a simple guide to Van Gogh

http://amzn.to/1lHrna5

Take a journey through the troubled life of one of the greatest painters in history, Vincent Van Gogh. Did he really cut his ear off? Why did he paint the way he did? How many paintings did he sell in his lifetime? Find out the answers to all this and more inside! Illustrated in the popular minimalist style of today, young reader's imaginations will come to life. Simple history gives you the facts in a simple uncomplicated and eye catching way. Simple history is part of an ongoing series, what will be the next episode? Designed for children aged 9 -12

Simple History, a simple guide to The Space Race

wip

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
vmommy
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Where did you find these at?  How are you liking them so far?  I have an almost 7 yr old so am pretty interested in hearing what you think :)

simple-history
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting vmommy:

Where did you find these at?  How are you liking them so far?  I have an almost 7 yr old so am pretty interested in hearing what you think :)

They are fantastic introductions to history subjects and good preperation before they learn it at school (written by a history graduate). There also pg friendly no violent imagery like Horrible Histories or history books for older kids.

vmommy
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Cool!  I think I'll look for a couple of these

Bleacher-mom
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Looks good! These would have been great when my kids were younger

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM
These look great.
la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:58 PM

My kid's would love these

wifeairforce
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM
These are great. As a teacher I would use them in class as free reads and as a mom I would get them for my kids. I love finding new was to teach and these books look fun as well as being a teaching tool.
lizard3731
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM

They look interesting to me.  I don't have any children that would be interesting, but once in a while I do read a children's book to get a little information on a subject.

I just looked on amazon; some of the kindle editions are free.  clapping

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)