Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Romance Recommendations

Here is the spot for all of those romances and love stories to be shared.

Please add a summary of each book, so those that are interested can find out a little more.  Also, please just add new recommendations and not posts that just say "I agree" and "I like that one too".  It will make it a lot easier for everyone to sort through the posts.

Abigail 5/17/06 and Isabelle 10/17/07

"Life's what you make it - so let's make it rock." - Hannah Montana

by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 9:50 AM
Replies (91-97):
Bookworm6871
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:08 PM

HI! I'm new here, but I've been a Romance Novel addict for two years now. I'm currently reading A Humble Heart by R.L. Mathewson. I think she's a new author, my sister recommended her to me a month ago since she knows I love vampire novels. I decided to give it a shot. So I read Tall, Dark & Lonely and I was absolutely blown away.

The prologue started off in the 19th century which explained a lot of things later in the book. I really enjoyed the twist on the natural born vampire aspect. I really enjoyed the book, it was sweet, funny and touching. My husband thought something was wrong since I was crying one moment and laughing the next. It was a great read and I look forward to the rest of the series.

After I finished I decided to give her other book, A Humble Heart a try since I enjoyed her first book. I don't usually enjoy modern novels, but this one is so sweet. A single mom with two kids who uses her dream of writing to start a new life and a hollywood hunk who dreams of a normal life coming together. I'm halfway through now and loving every minute of it.

I can't wait for her next book. If you want to read some exerpts of her books go to http://www.rlmathewson.com

-Amanda

FrenchGrey
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

The Highlander Series by Karen Marie Moning

If you love big brawny kilt wearing MEN.....this is it. Also has a touch of paranormal to it for fun. They are time traveling Druids ;) Nom noms

virey
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Shanna is my absolutely, positively  all time favorite book . i love all of Kathleen E. Woodiwiss' books except the first one{because of the rape} but i guess thats in many of the historical romances. when she died we lost one of our best authors.. i have all of her books, and treasure each one. i actually have 3 copies of Shanna. [just in case].

virey
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 2:46 PM
  • Shanna is my absolutely, positively  all time favorite book . i love all of Kathleen E. Woodiwiss' books except the first one{because of the rape} but i guess thats in many of the historical romances. when she died we lost one of our best authors.. i have all of her books, and treasure each one. i actually have 3 copies of Shanna. [just in case].

virey

5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM

One Hit Wonder

cHARLIE cARRILLO

Eighteen-year-old Mickey DeFalco got dumped by his girlfriend and wrote a plaintive love ballad that became a huge hit. Since then, it's been downhill. Twenty years later, broke and drinking too much, DeFalco moves in with his parents in Queens, toting plenty of baggage: a stash of ill-gotten money and two items busted almost beyond repair, his career and his heart. The onetime teen heartthrob is reduced to mowing lawns for a living; a resurgence of interest in his song, to which he foolishly sold the rights, only rubs salt in his wounds. But when his runaway love resurfaces after a mysterious 20-year absence, secrets and lies come to light, revealing the unpredictability of life. Wry insights and ironic twists of fate mix a bit uneasily with nostalgia in the latest novel from the author of Raising Jake, which scored a more direct hit in exploring the theme of a middle-aged man trying to grow up. This one pounds the same notes a few times too many, but the likable loser hero and old neighborhood vibe make the journey rewarding all the same.

missy75851
by on May. 23, 2011 at 8:08 AM

i Just finished "Something Borrowed" and then i went to see the movie...It was a little different from the book but it was really good and i couldnt put the book down and normally romance novels are not my thing but this one is a good one.

Threescoops
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I recommend Brenda Joyce and her Deadly series. This book can be classified under mystery, historical and romance actually. I was so hooked on these books. There are several in the series. Ms. Joyce actually stopped them, but by popular demand it was picked back up by a publisher this past year, with a new one, and hopefully more after that!

Story line follows a young lady in early 1900's  (??, it's been awhile since I finished it) named Francesca Cahill, in New york. She is an aspiring Sleuth, who falls for the Rich bad boy of the city. As she solves crimes in each book, her love life takes many turns.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)