Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

General Fiction Recommendations

Here is the spot for all of those fiction books that just don't seem to fit into any other category.

Please add a summary of each book, so those that are interested can find out a little more.  Also, please just add new recommendations and not posts that just say "I agree" and "I like that one too".  It will make it a lot easier for everyone to sort through the posts.

Abigail 5/17/06 and Isabelle 10/17/07

"Life's what you make it - so let's make it rock." - Hannah Montana

by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Replies (101-110):
Alli5169
by on Jun. 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I loved White Oleander.  I even liked the movie.  And Time of My Life sounds fun.  I'll have to put that on mylist!

CafeMom Tickers
Happy-Mommy-06
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I have read all Mary Kay Andrews' books - and they are all GREAT!  She is one of my favorite author's!  Her new book will be released tomorrow :)

Quoting jochims:

Cover good read love it

TyNJillysMom
by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Well, I've read "THE THIRTEENTH TALE" and let me tell you. I LOVE to read. This is one of the best books I have ever read. The writting is so eloquent and beautiful, you dont want to put the book down. My father who is 57 read it and he loved it!!

Its about this girl who finds a book thats "almost" finished in her dads antique book store who, ironically, ends up meeting the author of the book. The author is telling the story....OH I cant ruin it......read it!!!!! You will love it and you will keep it just because you will like it so much, like I have done. Check it out on the internet.

2ajsmommy
by on Jul. 13, 2009 at 9:16 PM

i love, love, love this book. i read it right before the movie came out. the movie was good but this book was wonderful. sorry im just really enthusiastic about this book. lol

Quoting j_l_b:

by the_littleminx on Aug. 24, 2007 at 2:32 PM

TITLE: The Memory Keeper's Daughter

AUTHOR: Kim Edwards

GENRE: Fiction (Made Into A Movie For TV)

SYNOPSIS: Edwards's assured but schematic debut novel (after her collection, The Secrets of a Fire King) hinges on the birth of fraternal twins, a healthy boy and a girl with Down syndrome, resulting in the father's disavowal of his newborn daughter. (from Amazon.com)

2ajsmommy
by on Jul. 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch.

Mamaford2
by on Jul. 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Summary :Juggling the demands of her yarn shop and single-handedly raising a teenage daughter has made Georgia Walker grateful for her Friday Night Knitting Club. And when the unthinkable happens, these women will discover that what theyve created isnt just a knitting club--its a sisterhood.

simple smileJane  aka Mamaford2

mom_2_6
by on Aug. 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I heard that this book is sooo good. The reviews are awesome! Amazon has it and I heard about it on the book club at The Women's Nest.

Lovemyboys257
by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Title:  The Summer That Hope Lived

Author:  Tim Maddox

A Father missing in Vietnam, a Mother in a deep depression and a family torn apart.  Strength and faith are the main ingredients of hope...but is it enough to reunite a family?
This is really a great book!  Makes you feel good.  I think all ages would enjoy it.
ghfan959
by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I love Wally Lamb. She's come undone is about a woman that has every posible thing that could go wrong happen to her and This much I know is true is about twins and one is a skitofranic the other takes care of him. They are excellent books

Desiree

vegasmomma522
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I bought the Thirteenth Tale but haven't read it yet. Looking forward to it after reading your review.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN