Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YA (Young Adult) Recommendations

Here is the spot for all those YA (Young Adult) books that you think everyone should read.

JAMIE :)

CURRENTLY READING:  Maximum Ride:  The Final Warning by James Patterson

JUST READ:  MOM'S THE WORD by E.M. Stoddard

TITLE CHALLENGE:  Z ~ 1 To Go

AUTHOR CHALLENGE:  F I J L O Q R T U X Y Z ~ 12 To Go

2008 TOTAL READ: 43

by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Replies (81-90):
mzbarker2
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Anyone read the witch and wizard books by James Patterson, I looked but didnt see it. Might have missed. I have enjoyed these books a lot.  I also enjoyed all of the twilight books!

Pooobaihr
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 2:14 AM

TITLE: Wither

AUTHOR: Lauren DeStefano

SYNOPSIS: By age sixteen, Rhine Ellery has four years left to live. She can thank modern science for this genetic time bomb. A botched effort to create a perfect race has left all males with a lifespan of 25 years, and females with a lifespan of 20 years. Geneticists are seeking a miracle antidote to restore the human race, desperate orphans crowd the population, crime and poverty have skyrocketed, and young girls are being kidnapped and sold as polygamous brides to bear more children.

When Rhine is kidnapped and sold as a bride, she vows to do all she can to escape. Her husband, Linden, is hopelessly in love with her, and Rhine can’t bring herself to hate him as much as she’d like to. He opens her to a magical world of wealth and illusion she never thought existed, and it almost makes it possible to ignore the clock ticking away her short life. But Rhine quickly learns that not everything in her new husband’s strange world is what it seems. Her father-in-law, an eccentric doctor bent on finding the antidote, is hoarding corpses in the basement. Her fellow sister wives are to be trusted one day and feared the next, and Rhine is desperate to communicate to her twin brother that she is safe and alive. Will Rhine be able to escape--before her time runs out?

Pooobaihr
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 2:16 AM

TITLE: FALLEN

AUTHOR: Lauren Kate

SYNOPSIS: There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce—and goes out of his way to make that very clear—she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

IAmLinasMommy
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I remember reading a book when I was younger that I loved.

I just looked it up, to be sure of the title and age range

Title: The Last Book In The Universe

Author: Rodman Philbrick

Genre: Post Apoctalyptic

Age Range- 12-18

Summary: Life is tough since the Big Shake. The world is a harsh place and the people are unforgiving. In the backtime, people used to escape the hardships of the real world through reading. But that time has passed and books have all but been forgotten. Now the only relaxation is a mindprobe needle that shoots any image you desire straight to your brain. Spaz, unlike everyone else, has never been able to use a mindprobe because he has epilepsy. Without the probe his mind remains sharp and his memory is far better than others. But it isn't until he meets Ryter, "a saggy old gummy," that Spaz realizes the importance of how the written word can preserve the past and change his future.

IAmLinasMommy
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Keeping Faith by Jodie Picoult

The Tenth Circle: Jodie Picoult

Twilight Series: Stephanie Meyer

Harry Potter Series: JK Rowling

All of Mildred Taylor's books (Most popular I believe is Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry (this book made me bawl)

Child_of_Youth
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I would highly recommand books by Sarah Dessen. My favorites from her are Just Listen, The Truth About Forever and This Lullaby. I do plan on reading All of her books, when I have the time. Ha ha. 

azmelanie1984
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 5:33 PM
I loved Just Listen and The Truth About Forever. I own This Lullaby but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Quoting Child_of_Youth:

I would highly recommand books by Sarah Dessen. My favorites from her are Just Listen, The Truth About Forever and This Lullaby. I do plan on reading All of her books, when I have the time. Ha ha. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barcloff17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM
39 Clues is a great YA series... Each book is by a different author and it's kinda a mystery! :)
tinkerbell_84
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Just started reading the house of night series and I love it I think it is just as good if not better than twilight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bennysmama10
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM

OH MY GOODNESS! MAZE RUNNER TRILOGY!!!!!! it is seriously amazing, especially after readin the uglies series and the hunger games books, it definately filled that 'what do i read now?' void!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)