Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christian Recommendations

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 5:31 PM
  • 83 Replies
  • 3117 Total Views
Here is the spot for all of those Christian books to be shared.

JAMIE :)

CURRENTLY READING:  Maximum Ride:  The Final Warning by James Patterson

JUST READ:  MOM'S THE WORD by E.M. Stoddard

TITLE CHALLENGE:  Z ~ 1 To Go

AUTHOR CHALLENGE:  F I J L O Q R T U X Y Z ~ 12 To Go

2008 TOTAL READ: 43

by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 5:31 PM
Replies (1-10):
j_l_b
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 5:32 PM

by TJKUHN76 on Aug. 21, 2007 at 1:42 PM

Title:   Even Now

Author: Karen Kingsbury

Genre: Romance/ Christian

Brief Summary:  About 2 families that are very close, but get ripped apart when they learn that there Children are dating and are now expecting a baby.  The parents rip them apart by moving on separate coasts, and moving to new houses etc.   Very good!  It has a sequel to called Ever After
StephPierson
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 12:33 PM

A Christian Historical novel series that takes place in 18th century Scottland. It's a series of 4 books. I have only read the 1st one but I plan on starting the second one soon.

Titles: Thorn in My Heart, Fair is the Rose, Whence Came a Prince, and Grace in Thine Eyes
Author: Liz Curtis Higgs

Very good read so far even though I have only read one book.

StephPierson

Bentyswife
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM
The Purpose Driven Life is good, but not every aspect is 100% scriptural so be careful

The Five Love Languages  is like a self help but sooooo good!

the Courtship of Nellie Fischer series sounds good

and I keep hearing about the Shack
j_l_b
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 6:43 PM

by 3boys965 on Sep. 13, 2007 at 1:39 AM

I'm new to this club, but I just wanted to say my all time favorite book series is LEFT BEHIND by Tim LaHaye and JErry Jenkins. These books bring to life the the book of Revelations. Their exciting and a little terrifying at the same time.

Title:  Left Behind series

Author:  Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins

Genre:  Christian Fiction

Summary:  In one cataclysmic moment, millions around the globe disappear. Vehicles, suddenly unmanned, careen out of control. People are terror stricken as loved ones vanish before their eyes. In the midst of global choas, airline captain Rayford Steele must search for his family, for answers, for truth. As devastating as the disappearances have been, the darkest days may lie ahead.
bretsnag
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM
I ABSOULTELY LOVE the Left Behind Series! 

Also good is any book by Tracie Peterson or her pen name, Janelle Jamison (though those are older books).  Her youngest daughter, Julie, was my best friend in 1st grade and we remain friends to this day.  It's kind of neat personally knowing a famous Christian author.  She writes lots of historical Christian romance novels.  I particularly enjoyed her series about the Harvey Girls.  Don't remember what it was called - I'd have to look into it.  But she named one of the main characters after me and sent me an autographed copy of the book.
audriesmommy
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM
I love Lee Strobel's books

The Case for Christ
The Case for a Creator
The Case for faith

These are amazing books that make you think

Also

Mere Christianity and Screw tape Letters
by CS Lewis
j_l_b
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 11:26 PM

by anjhstmom on Sep. 13, 2007 at 11:13 AM

My all time favorite book is

Title:  The Red Tent 

Author:  Anita Diamant

Genre:  Christian Fiction

Summary:  Her name is Dinah. In the Bible, her life is only hinted at in a brief and violent detour within the more familiar chapters of the Book of Genesis that are about her father, Jacob, and his dozen sons. Told in Dinah's voice, this novel reveals the traditions and turmoils of ancient womanhood,  the world of the red tent. It begins with the story of her mothers:  Leah, Rachel, Zilpah, and Bilhah ~ the four wives of Jacob. They love Dinah and give her gifts that sustain her through a hard-working youth, a calling to midwifery, and a new home in a foreign land. Dinah's story reaches out from a remarkable period of early history and creates an intimate connection with the past. Deeply affecting, The Red Tent combines rich storytelling with a valuable achievement in modern fiction: a new view of biblical women's society.
Bentyswife
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 10:48 AM
There is a newer series called "The Last Gijad" Maybe check more into that one!
lyrbutterfly
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM
I really liked the O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson (6 books).  There is also a prequil to the series called Danger in the Shadows.  The books in the series are:  The Negotiator, The Guardian, The Truth Seeker, The Protector, The Healer, and The Rescuer.
j_l_b
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 12:05 PM

by Jannie2258 on Sep. 13, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Genre:  Christian fiction

TITLE:  3 in the series - "A Tapestry of Hope,"  "A Love Woven True,"  and  " The Pattern of Her Heart". 

AUTHOR:  Tracie Peterson

SUMMARY:  they are about  a family(main character is Jasmine-the youngest of 4 kids and the only daughter) who owns a cotton plantation back in slavery times.  Jasmine's  father betrothes her to a man who is sneaky; crooked.  He ends up dying an accidental death, and Jasmine ends up marrying his brother, who's the one she is really in love with-they are part of the anti-slavery movement, much to her fathers dismay...each book in the series ends happily, only to start the next with some obstacle or another....can't tell the end and ruin the surprise...:)

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)