• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:07 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

Hi everyone, I'm a mom who provides babysitting in my neighborhood and I have this three year old boy who I have been asked to potty train since I am with him more than his parents.  My question or debate is......do you think it is appropreate for a parent to ask me to train him?  Having four children myself, I know what to look for wether a child is ready or not for potty training, he is not ready in my opinion.  We've been at it for about two months now, and I am very frustrated.  My girls were potty trained in 2 weeks at the most.  Is it true that boys take longer?  (I have four girls, so what do I know!?) LOL!

I can use some input please!

Thanks so much!

Frustrated momfrustrated

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TwobyTwoDC
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I absoultly DO NOT do potty training! I even have this issue covered in my policies & procedures. I ran into a similar situation years ago when I first started doing daycare. The little girl was sent to daycare in underware & would pee all over all the time & it was a NIGHTMARE!! I will paste my policy reagrding this for ya......

Section 4.0 Potty Training

a. Parents need to ensure child has plenty of diapers/pull ups & wipes while at day care, whether potty training or not. Also needed is a weather appropriate change of clothing. (Wipes are generally donated by parents on a bi-monthly basis for community use to help keep our costs down, as we use a LOT.)

b. Any child not COMPLETELY potty trained (completely meaning, able to state he/she has to go & does so successfully) must be in a pull up or training pants while at day care to avoid accidents on floors/equipment. “Accidents” create contaminated & unsafe areas for the children.

c. We will assist in "toileting" your child while at day care during potty training. However, actual potty training is very time consuming & is best done at home not at or through day care. We recommend potty training be done in the comfort of the home. Possibly on a scheduled vacation/time set aside for this purpose. This is less stressful on the child and makes for better & faster results!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)