Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 8:14 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 429 Total Views

October is National Domestic Violence Month! Let's all speak up and speak up loudly in our communities! the rate of abuse and domestic violence is rising and the economy's doenhill slide is a contributor! Let's spread the word and reach out to those who might otherwise remain silent!

by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DivaPrincessa
by Member on Oct. 7, 2008 at 8:21 AM

It seems as though everyone is focused on breast cancer and there isn't much room for domestic violence. I needed stamps yesterday. The clerk asked me if I wanted one that represented breast cancer. She never spoke about one for domestic violence. Is there a stamp? DV seems to be on the back burner. How can it be brought to the front? Why don't people care more about it?

I am not saying that breast cancer research should not be supported. I'm saying that October is also DV awareness month and no one seems to care.

Cohoyo1
by Group Owner on Oct. 7, 2008 at 8:53 AM

I know. I've beeb putting my story in people's faces..magazines, newspapers etc. This is a big issue and people out there need not be afraid of it. I wonder if we could get Oprah....I'm going to try everyone!

Quoting DivaPrincessa:

It seems as though everyone is focused on breast cancer and there isn't much room for domestic violence. I needed stamps yesterday. The clerk asked me if I wanted one that represented breast cancer. She never spoke about one for domestic violence. Is there a stamp? DV seems to be on the back burner. How can it be brought to the front? Why don't people care more about it?

I am not saying that breast cancer research should not be supported. I'm saying that October is also DV awareness month and no one seems to care.

PorcelainMom81
by Group Admin on Oct. 7, 2008 at 9:32 AM

Good idea!

Quoting Cohoyo1:

I know. I've beeb putting my story in people's faces..magazines, newspapers etc. This is a big issue and people out there need not be afraid of it. I wonder if we could get Oprah....I'm going to try everyone!

Quoting DivaPrincessa:

MelodyLG
by Member on Oct. 7, 2008 at 12:26 PM

That is true.  I mean, I didn't even know that this was National Domestic Violence Month.  There has to be a way to raise more awareness.  I'm going to pray about it and see what comes to mind, b/c I'd like to do something too.  Why are we invisible victims???  I'm tired of being invisible!

Quoting DivaPrincessa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)