Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

USHER FIRED HIS MOMMA!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Poll

Question: DID USHER DO THE RIGHT THING???

Options:

Yes, he did; fam and money NEVER mix!!!

Nope; she made him what he is, the boy's gone crazy!!!

I have no opinion either way.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

Usher gets rid of manager -- his mother

POSTED: 1:13 p.m. EDT, May 7, 2007

Story Highlights

• Usher's mother no longer his manager
• Wants to separate business life from professional life, he says
• Singer got engaged in March

NEW YORK (AP) -- Usher's mother has been his manager since he was a teen, but now the superstar says he wants her to be just "mom."

The Grammy winner confirmed Monday that Jonnetta Patton is no longer in charge of his career, but denied the break was due to any rift.

"She and I are on great terms and support each other in our life's endeavors. We are both very happy but are now working in different areas of the business," he said in a statement to The Associated Press. "This is great for me because it means I now get to have my mother strictly as my mother with no added pressure."

Usher said he believed that by ending his professional relationship with his mother, it would bring them closer.

"At this time in my life, I am simply more interested in building the strength of my family. And in order to do that, I feel it's best to separate my business life from my personal life," he said.

This is the second major change this year for Usher, 28. In March, he announced his engagement to his longtime girlfriend, stylist Tameka Foster.

Rumors have swirled that Foster would replace Patton as Usher's manager, but the singer said: "She has no aspirations of becoming my manager or any other artist's manager."

Usher is slated to release the follow-up to 2004's "Confessions," which sold 9 million copies in the United States, later this year.

by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Gatorgirl04
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:47 PM
lol my boyfriend just asked me not 1 hour ago. what happened to usher? havent heard from him for a minute. now i see why
Abesgirl27
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2007 at 6:33 PM
Well, he was very young when he started. I would much rather have my mom than some hot shot manager that I don't know, or know anything about. It was the right decision for him to make when he started his career. But, now that he's a grown man, I think he's just ready to be a big boy, and go his own way. I don't blame him for wanting to move up and on. I would not want my mother being my manager for the rest of my career. Beyonce and her mother work closely together, but there may come a time when Beyonce is gonna want to do her own thing, and may not need her mother as much. Unfortunately, her mother designs her clothes, so I don't see how she'll get out of that one:-)

I'm sure that Usher loves his mother, and that they have an understanding of the changes.
MS.VIKEE
by Member on Jul. 18, 2007 at 7:21 PM
hahahahah they say his girl got him in check...that she's runnin shit. Dunno....but heard he fired his momma, and some1 else cuz of his girl and his album is bein pushed back also
soulsister72
by Group Owner on Jul. 18, 2007 at 8:26 PM
She REALLY needs to cut the cord w/ her fam; it's like she can't breathe/wink/fart unless her folks are right there talkin' bout, 'need help with that Honey?' Sad.....
Quoting Abesgirl27:

Well, he was very young when he started. I would much rather have my mom than some hot shot manager that I don't know, or know anything about. It was the right decision for him to make when he started his career. But, now that he's a grown man, I think he's just ready to be a big boy, and go his own way. I don't blame him for wanting to move up and on. I would not want my mother being my manager for the rest of my career. Beyonce and her mother work closely together, but there may come a time when Beyonce is gonna want to do her own thing, and may not need her mother as much. Unfortunately, her mother designs her clothes, so I don't see how she'll get out of that one:-)

I'm sure that Usher loves his mother, and that they have an understanding of the changes.

"Early in life, I had learned that if you want something, you had better make some noise."

MALCOLM X   http://www.cafemom.com/group/naturalandnappyandlovingit &

http://www.cafemom.com/group/neosoulRandBhiphoplovers 

Bexsong
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 2:47 PM
soulsista!  You posts make me laugh so hard....the way you say it, is just the way I hear it!  that's why you are great writer! LOL!
soulsister72
by Group Owner on Jul. 24, 2007 at 3:57 PM
I knew I liked you for a reason!!! :oD
Quoting Bexsong:

soulsista!  You posts make me laugh so hard....the way you say it, is just the way I hear it!  that's why you are great writer! LOL!

"Early in life, I had learned that if you want something, you had better make some noise."

vdhrbh
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2007 at 4:01 PM
i think he shouldn't have fired her, she got him this far so she was doing something right. they say his new "mom" girlfriend was the reason why. do you agree with him dating an older woman with kids?
soulsister72
by Group Owner on Jul. 24, 2007 at 4:03 PM
You love who you love; I don't think her age would've been as much of an issue if she didn't already have so much baggage. If Usher's mother isn't down for her oldest son's wedding, AND ESPECIALLY NOT DOWN FOR THE WOMAN CARRYING HER FIRST GRANDCHILD, maybe she (rightfully) suspects ulterior motives.
Quoting vdhrbh:

i think he shouldn't have fired her, she got him this far so she was doing something right. they say his new "mom" girlfriend was the reason why. do you agree with him dating an older woman with kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)