Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have some Important questions.....

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 12:28 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 166 Total Views
What tests were done when you took your child to the doctor and they were diagnosed with Masto?  What are the routine tests?  We had no tests done and I wanted to know if this was ok or if there are tests that should be done so that I can request them to be done.

Thank you for replies!
by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kayngabsmom
by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 3:08 PM
We had no tests at all done. They said they weren't really needed unless she got some of the rare side effects.
mom2catieNmax
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:14 AM
What tests didn't we have? My son went to the dermatologist for eczema and after arguing with them for 2 months becasue it was SO severe they did the first of many test. They did a punch biopsy of his skin. One on his back and one on his head. Then we got sent to allergy / immunology for allergy tests and bloodwork. The biopsy came back showing a HUGE number of mast cells and the bloodwork came back showing large numbers of triptase. Becuase of the triptase we got sent to Oncology and hemotology to have a bone marrow biopsy done and genetic testing. They were testing to see if it was systemic. Then we got sent to GI where they did a colonoscopy, endoscopic exam,. and an ultrasound on his liver. THEN the derm did another skin biopsy. This was over the course of about 4 months. They finally diagnosed him with mastocytosis and have taken him off of all solid food and put him on formula. July 2nd they are putting in a feeding tube. I would ask for a skin biopsy if I were you.
Brandi_H
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Doc says that she has to have a blood test done every year to check her liver count and her mast cell count. That was all he told us that has to be done to monitor her. I hope this helps!!
gwynneandrea7
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 12:04 AM
my pedi dermatologist did a punch biopsy on her side in the middle of one of her spots. they had to put stitches in it and then we had to have them removed a week later. The results came back, and that's when he said she has UP
CamyliazMommi07
by on Jul. 28, 2008 at 4:07 AM

my daughter had to go to a dermotoligist and they took a skin biopsy. but the kinda knew from her skin being so blotchy and they scratched a small spot on her tummy and it turnned red.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN