Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cromolyn Cream Recipe

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2008 at 10:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1584 Total Views

Cromolyn Cream Recipe

You can make this cream yourself using any form of cromolyn (Gastrocrom, Nasalcrom, Intal or cromolyn eyedrops). The recipe for it was developed by a nurse and pharmacist who are both mastocytosis sufferers. Nasalcrom is available over the counter, and is probably the cheapest.

• 2 tsp glycerine
  • 1/2 cup of Vanicream (ordered from the pharmacist) or other thick lotion (such as Eucerin)
  • 1 whole bottle of Nasalcrom

Thoroughly mix together all the ingredients. Apply daily to the desired area. Be sure to start by dotting it onto a small area of skin away from the face (inner forearm, maybe) daily for three days before putting it onto a large area.

by on Jul. 30, 2008 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bellasmom870
by on Jul. 31, 2008 at 8:41 AM

When Bella was younger I wasn't sure if this cream even worked but now she tells me that it feels good. This is a great cream and helps Bella a lot. It gets much easier when our little ones can tell us what works and what doesn't.

del_bug
by on Jul. 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM

I know what you mean, Candi is getting to that stage now that she can tell me more than she used to be able to!  So glad of that now!

Leahsmom1508
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 9:43 PM

I just recently started Leah on this cream. She has only been on it for three days. I really hope it works for her. Is it just for itching or does it help her blisters too I wonder?

Giggleupagus
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:57 AM

I love this stuff (or I should say Isaiah loves this stuff)!!  He even puts it on himself and says, "Bye-bye, itchies!"  =0)  I can't say that it gets rid of his rashes, but it does bring him some relief.

I have also sprayed it directly on his skin (no dilution), and that has greatly helped.  The rashes even begin to disappear!  I can't say that he likes that too much, but it does help.

Kelly

del_bug
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:24 AM

Quoting Giggleupagus:

I love this stuff (or I should say Isaiah loves this stuff)!!  He even puts it on himself and says, "Bye-bye, itchies!"  =0)  I can't say that it gets rid of his rashes, but it does bring him some relief.

I have also sprayed it directly on his skin (no dilution), and that has greatly helped.  The rashes even begin to disappear!  I can't say that he likes that too much, but it does help.

Kelly

That's awesome!  I know that Candice likes to have this or even the steroid cream put on hers and she says it's much better!  Makes me feel good that she gest some relief!

gunter158
by on Apr. 5, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Riley really like this stuff! I had a hard time finding some of the ingrediants ( one of the many perks of living in a small town) but after i got them from a *SUPER* wal-mart ( because we don't have one of those haha!) I mixed it up and asked Riley if he felt better and i got the head nod and then a huge hug! Now when he starts itching he grabs my hand and points at the tub of loiton and says, "Momma, I want that!" Sooooo... Thanks so much for the info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN