Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is any one actually here?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

I hear crickets chirping...

I'd love a chance to talk to other moms of HI kids but it seems so dead here.  I was sent here from another mom's forum I frequent by another mom who used cafemom and has a son with HI.  Of the 1000 or so moms on our board not one has dealt with a HI infant, and only 1-2 with kids with HI and I was really hoping for someone to talk to.  I'm feeling kinda lonely.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lauraslefthook
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I am sorry it seems dead in here.  I try to check in on the group when I think of it.

My youngest daughter (who will be 5 on Sunday) was born with a moderately severe hearing loss.  She received hearing aids at 11 weeks.  She is doing great now, but I know there were several challenges along the way that we dealt with as they came.

I would love to try to answer any questions you may have.

I also belong to a group through the Listen-Up website which is fairly active.  There are lots of great resources on the site and they have a yahoo group as well.

Laura

Laura
brolyx429
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I am here. I just joined the other day and I will try to be around a little. I have one child who has no hearing loss at all and two who are severely deaf. My son has hearing aids and has had them since he was 12 months should have had them earlier (he was diagnosed when he was born) but had some insurance problems of course. My youngest daughter was diagnosed as well at birth and we should be receiving her hearing aids shortly. My son has finally started to identify and sign a little bit but we just started speech therapy in november so a little is good for me. Feel free to talk any time, I feel that loneliness some times too :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)