Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT COLOR HEARING AIDS?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 759 Total Views

OKAY, MY DAUGHTER IS DEFINITELY GETTING HEARING AIDS. I STILL GOT PAPERWORK TO SUBMIT, INS STUFF, BUT WHAT COLOR SHOULD I GET SO SHE'LL WEAR THEM.  I AM THINKING PINK. 

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

by on Feb. 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gigi-rn
by Member on Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Both of my girls have pink...they are light so you cant even tell if they dont match something...which is usually good:) We love them!!

lauraslefthook
by Member on Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM

We got bright pink at first, with the thought in mind that they would be easier to find when she took them off/threw them (which she did as a toddler.)

Recently we had to get the cases redone because of cracking and my daughter changed to purple, which is her favorite color.

Just don't go for beige/tan----too easy to lose with tan carpets and so forth.  Also, I think it makes people think "old."  Just my opinion.

Laura
silliesthilly
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Our issue was picking a colour for our little boy... pink and some animal prints are cute on girls, not so much on boys.  We got sand coloured BTE aids for Jack.  They blend in really well with his colouring (pale, blue eyed blonde with not a lot of hair)- they're more golden and nice looking than the standard tan but if he's wearing them you can't really see them.  Then we bought eargear (http://www.gearforears.com/) in a colour to prevent losing them and for better visibility.  Once he gets to an age where he cares about the colour he can pick his own coloured eargear until the next time we buy aids.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
nonni2
by Member on Feb. 4, 2010 at 2:55 PM

WE GOT HER FITTED FOR MOLDS AND AIDS TODAY.  MY LITTLE GIRL IS SO GIRLY. SHE CHOSE PINK. SHE IS REALLY INTO PRINCESSES RIGHT NOW.   HOPEFULLY SHE'LL WEAR THEM.  

HAS ANYONE PUT ANY GEM STICKERS ON HEARING AIDS BEFORE??? BAD IDEA??

gigi-rn
by Member on Feb. 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I did beads...you can get them at AC Moore or Michaels. I just did one they go on the tubes and you can do them to match the girls outfits...they are very cute.  The older girls have two or three, but because theirs where so small they only got 1!!

nonni2
by Member on Feb. 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM

that is such a cool idea!

Quoting gigi-rn:

I did beads...you can get them at AC Moore or Michaels. I just did one they go on the tubes and you can do them to match the girls outfits...they are very cute.  The older girls have two or three, but because theirs where so small they only got 1!!

aramat
by Member on Feb. 9, 2010 at 8:09 AM

My son is 5 and he has red and blue swirl molds, he calls them his Spiderman ears, when kids ask him what they are...he is very proud of them.

brolyx429
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2010 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I am going to order cow spots for my little boy that is one of the only animals he can identify so we thought he would like them. Less likely to eat them lol. But my little girl is probably just getting pink ones.

JJmaul
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 10:26 AM

We started with bright pink for my daughter when she got her first pair at a year old, we stayed with this color for a while. Once she was old enough (shes 4 now) she decided she wanted pink but with glitter in them, and then she wanted just the plain bright pink this past time. Shes about due for a new set of molds so we will see what she picks, lol.  Im not sure how old your daughter is, but if shes young, go with what you think looks best and then let her pick as she gets older, helps them accept it more if they can control at least something about having to wear them, it does for my daughter anyway. :)

bugfree
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I agree.  Let them have something fun!!  I have a boy and he wanted Royal Blue and recently he picked solid red ear molds.  

Quoting lauraslefthook:

Just don't go for beige/tan----too easy to lose with tan carpets and so forth.  Also, I think it makes people think "old."  Just my opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)