Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FM system for hearing aids

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 434 Total Views

we are debating getting an fm system for outside school use for our son 5 severe/moderate HOH he wears hearing aids and I was wondering what experience anyone else had with the FM system

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JJmaul
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Our daughter (shes 4 and is moderate/severe HOH also) has an FM system, she mostly uses it at school, right now we have a one floor house where she can hear us yell with her hearing aids on, (although we did use the FM system in the house when she first got her hearing aids at a year old) we are about to move to a new house thats 2 story with the den and our room downstairs and her and her siblings room and the other main rooms are upstairs, we are def. going to be using the FM system for that, we know she wont hear us yell from down there if she is upstairs or we are upstairs and she is downstairs. I dont know about using it outside the house, maybe when you go out to eat and places like that so he can focus more on the conversation right around him might help too. Other then that im not sure. If you only have to pay a small co-pay for system, then I would get the extra set and do a few trial and error sessions and see how it works for you and him.

MOMOF2G1B
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM

My son only uses it at school  and it works great.

bugfree
by New Member on Sep. 26, 2011 at 1:13 AM

The school lets us take it home and we are the primary people taking care of it.  We had to sign a waiver or some type of document saying we would  be finally responsible if it was damaged.

gigi-rn
by Member on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a 5 year old who uses it at school.  We have never used it at home but have borrowed schools for outside activity.  I would talk to audiologist about it.  Some say it is a great idea others say it could hurt them because they may be in sistuations where they cant use it and then they are relying on it.  What would you use it for at home?  We just got an icom and both my girls love it.  We use it for TV and phone it has been a wonderful for them and it is a LOT cheapter, may be something else you may consider.  It also works with ipods and such!

bugfree
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2011 at 7:41 PM

We have an icom too that we keep at the computer.  :-) 

nonni2
by Member on Oct. 16, 2011 at 5:57 PM

my son is has severe HOH we have not used one at home but make look into the icom now that i know about it, thanks ladies.  I would love an AT for sports. although he would probably be annoyed with all the cheering.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)