Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to California

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

My family and I made the decision to move to Riverside California this summer.    My son Brady is profoundly deaf so we wanted to move to a place where there is an excellent deaf school and Riverside California has one of the best deaf schools in the country.   I wanted to know what mom's can tell me what they love about california.   what they know of riverside??? what is there to do on the weekends?  etc.   

Thank you so much. 

by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
brolyx429
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Unfortunately I live in wv we only have one deaf school and it is like 6 hours from where I am but we have heard wonderful things about it. As far as ca goes I have a few friends who live in places that aren't like big cities but still close enough to drive and they absolutely love it. The school however def does have a wonderful reputation. Wish I had more info for you :-) good luck though.

caliluv15
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I live in san diego , about an hour south of riverside . I have lived here my whole life , i have a son that just got cochlear implants , he is 21 months old , and will be going to the deaf and hard of hearing program at lafayette elementary . What is the name of the school in riverside that you are talking about ???? there is a ton of things to do in southern california , sea world, zoo, wild animal park , disneyland , lots of water parks . and you can go to the beach and the snow in the same day if you wanted !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)