Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just a little concerned

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

so my little man is going to be sedated for the first time. we have had our oldest sedated before for a colonoscopy around the same age but it always worries me. He has had natural sleep abrs since birth but unfortunately he has gotten to the age where he is just not cooperating lol. He is such a crazy little man boy haha. they think his hearing loss may be more than what it used to be. he was already completely deaf in his left ear and only 80 in the right so I don't know how much worse it can get. he cracked his mold the other day so we have to wait 2 weeks for it to come in. the other day we went to the audiologist and they couldn't get our youngest to sleep so since my son is getting sedated they want to sedate her as well. But they also told me she is going to be getting tubes. I have never actually seen this procedure or know anyone who has them so some heads up what to expect on that would be cool as well. Thanks ladies :-)

by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
nonni2
by Member on Feb. 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM

if you are talking about eustachian tubes, then do not fret.  15 minute procedure tops. they give them a little loopy juice, carry them in a wagon, you go to the waiting, by the time you finished a cup of coffee the nurse comes in and you go back with your baby, sit for 15-20 minutes and go home.  dont worry. my kids were 9 months and 19 months when tubes were put in

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)