Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for all the info i can get

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

Hi ladies, i have a two month old daughter, and we just found out she has unilatteral hearing loss in the left ear. I know that right now there isn't to much to do for her, but i am trying to educate myself.  I am checking out the info that the audiologist gave me, but if you guys have any good websites to check out, or words of advice.  I'd really appreciate it, anything to help me learn.  Thanks so much!

by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nonni2
by Member on Jan. 18, 2011 at 12:42 PM

It is so wonderful that you found out this early.  The sooner the better for her to hear as much as she can.   agbell.org is a wonderful website  john tracy clinic jtc,  hearing.org   also try your school district website under special education so when she is about 18 months she can start learning in a school setting.    stay on appointments, read to her, talk to her normally, do not use her hearing loss as an excuse for her.  let her participate in everything you always wanted her to, just with minor accomodations.       it is alot to take in. i know.  but as a mother, a women, you can do it. you are her most important advocate.   

Vashtiruescode3
by on Mar. 5, 2011 at 5:53 PM

You can also check out the different implant manufacturers websites. They often have fun games and whatnot for you to do (when your DD is older).

You can also check into HearingJourney.org. They have a great amount of stuff!

Vashtiruescode3
by on Mar. 5, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Or the ListeningRoom.com - I think that's the full website name...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)