Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade deodorant that really works. **Update

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 257 Total Views
It's been sometime since there as been a post here. But for as long as I've been a cm member, I've been working to be green and organic. So when I finally found a deodorant that works, this group was the first place that came to mind to share it with. Many of you probably have figured this out, if so congrats!!!! Then you completely understand my joy!
For years I've been looking for a natural deodorant that doesn't let me get stinky. I've made dozens, though fun to make, none worked for a few hours. In a big girl and at the littlest bit of sweat, I get that onion smell. So I really needed something. I've gone from purchasing big brands to buying natural brands and have made my own. I have found one that worked all day.
I really needed to find an alternative because my mom had Alzheimer's and died of breast cancer. Knowing that what is used in deodorant is linked to both diseases, I felt with an urgency I had to find something. My last homemade batch of coconut oil, Shea butter, corn starch and baking soda failed miserably. I mean not two hours after applying it, did I stink. How could I go or in public like that?! I couldn't.
So I began to look for other recipes. Ask I find were just different variations of the one I just made. I want convinced they would work.
Then I came across a blogger that has the same issue as me. She tried using a lemon slice, nothing else, just a lemon slice and rubbed it on her arm pit. She said it worked for her. Well, mine wasn't working so I had nothing to lose. I only had a lime and applied or to my puts the next morning. That day I went for a hike in the woods for two hours and then a bike ride. The weather was in the 60's and I got a little sweat going but my pits stayed fresh. No odor! Yes, my pits for sweaty and wet but that was it. I was amazed. So, I bought several lemons and have been issuing this method for three days now with success. There is no mixing, measuring, nothing. Just squeeze a slice of lemon or lime on your arm pits, enough to get the juice on your skin and you are good for the day.
I carry a spray bottle of water vinegar and lemon grass oil with me in case I get smelly but it hasn't happened yet.

Tell me your experiences with lemon

Update: 4/9/15. Today I wore just lemon all day. The A/C went out and it was hot here. 80's. I also went to a yoga class and sweat like a pig. No odor!
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Inana
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2015 at 7:47 PM
So sad this group has died
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN