Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I WANT TO BRAG

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:37 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 239 Total Views
I feel SO great this week about being a MEAN MOM. I want to share.  My daughter is 14 and was invited to the prom by an 11th grader.  My husband teaches at the school they attend so we could be at the prom as chaperones.  SO, we let her go with this boy.  We were there the whole time and she had a great time and came home with us at 10.  But, that is not what I am bragging about.  To be able to go to prom you have to attend PROM PROMISE classes and then give a speach as to why you are making a prom promise.  SO, here is what my daughter wrote............

I am making this prom promise, not because I have to, not because the cool kids want me to do so, not because I feel it is a must.........but because I HAVE A MEAN MOM.....I want to make this promise to my mean mother.  You see, she is mean because.....when most of friends are up at 12 on the phone, I have to be in bed a 9 and no phone is allowed in my room past that time, when most of my friends are out on weekends at PI till1 or 2 in the morning, I am not, I am with my parents by 11 on weekends.  When some of you are sneaking out and going places you have been told not to, I am where I should be and asking permission, because my mean mom always takes the time to listen to my reasoning and she is always willing to compromise with me but not compromise my morals and safety.  While some of you will be getting together before the prom tonight get "buzzed" and having a good time, I will be with my mom and dad and little brother eating dinner, getting my make up done and hair done and sharing this momentous time with my mom.  But, most importantly, while some of you will leave the prom go to a party and get drunk and never make it home to the people who love you more than anything in the world...................I will be home with my family, to see another day.  Sure, I suppose you will have more fun than me, but having a mean mom isn't always fun.............but, I always know she is there, she loves me and everything she does if for me and in my best interest.  So, on nights like this, I make a promise, not a prom promise, but a life promise to my MEAN MOM, that every day, ever decision I make in my life will be based on the foundation she gave me.................and I want to tell her in from of everyone, I LOVE HER AND THANK YOU MOM, FOR BEING A MEAN MOM.

I TOTALLy lost it in the gym................She is an amazing little girl.....so, I know now all those times I wanted to give in and let her do things others were doing, she really is thankful that I stood my ground and protected her when shhe was not mature enough to do so.

Thank you all for rea ding.
Candie
by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
madjekmommy
by Group Owner on May. 7, 2007 at 5:37 PM
OMG!! that gave me goosebumps that is soo motivational your daughter is just so awesome!! YAYA!!! :) SOO happy for you you are an awesome MEAN MOM!!!! :)
coffeemaid
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:30 PM
You have done a fantastic job raising her! Brag away, you should be proud of her (and you).

You sound exactly like my mom, whom I have the utmost respect for. My son is only 2 and he knows I am in charge and he knows I love him like crazy. I already knwo what you mean about wanting to give in after you have said no. But it is soimprtant to stand your ground. So many parents do not realize that kids NEED boundaries and guidance. It is truly frightening to see a generation of kids growing up with little or no discipline!
NO1LKME
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 2:16 PM
thank you both.  I agree....kids deserve rules and one day they will understand why.  If I didn't love her, I wouldn't want to protect her.

candie
luvmyfam
by Member on May. 8, 2007 at 2:29 PM
Wow, that is awesome!! I would be SO proud!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)