Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to Graceland!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:24 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 257 Total Views
Hello Elvis Fans.  I am finally going to Graceland!!  Any tips on what to see and do in Memphis, besides Graceland of course?

Pam 
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MeganRath
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:53 PM
Oh I'm so jealous! I've never been, but I heard they serve fried peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches there... please partake of one for me!!

~Megan Rath

Whats Cooking Good Looking group owner, and mommy to beautiful Sophia.

Catraalien
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:44 AM
Girrrrlll!!!  Memphis IS.  How u will have time to do anything but Elvis, I dont know, but lets see if I can help.  You got your Beale Street,  some fantastic blues and jazz music and all you have to do is walk down the street.  This is where E would listen to the old fellas, and he learned the blues.  You can see where he went to school too I think (Humes High).  My best friends mom went to school with the King,  but she said things for him were a LOT different then.  I just cant imagine not being interested in the boy, but she says no, he just didnt have what the girls were looking for THEN.  Who knew.  You also have the Peabody Hotel, where you can see the resident Ducks...yes, thats right...featured recently on GMA.  The real draw is Isaac Hayes who plays regularly in the piano bar.  And just a reminder that several years after spawning the King, Memphis has brought forth the man whos bringin sexy back.  JT can often be found hangin at the Golf courses in Memphis.  Its his hometown and the heart of the home cookin he is sellin to the folks in NYC.    ok, thats a start.  And theres lots more.  You can log onto Tennessee sites, I have one but for the life of me I cant think of the URL.  But it offers a lot of info and events in the area-West Tn.   I only live 40 mins away, theres no way I cant be there.  Hope to see you there :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)