Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing myself

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:28 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 158 Total Views
Hi Everyone
My name is Kelly and I came to this group because I appreciate the nonspam style and respect the othere business minded women who are here to share and learn.  I have always had an entreprenurial spirit but havent had to use it because I was in the Air Force.  I got off active duty when I had my daughter and got a firehose introduction to motherhood as my husband immediately got called to serve overseas for four months. 
Now my daughter is going on three and recently I was searching for a product that would help me create AND COMMUNICATE a routine with my toddler just to help establish a little predictability in our day.  I had also read how well toddlers respond to routine. So I figured pictures would do the trick and since i couldnt find anything online, I started to create one.  After much trial and error and lots of wasted materials I came up with a magnetic activity board that works for toddlers through elementary school aged children.  My 2 yr old bought into it immediately.  I couldnt believe it.  So I showed some friends and they all wanted one.  Of course they all also said "you should sell these".  So I guess I am going to give it a try and see if it was just my friends being nice or if I'm onto a good idea.
My website is activityclock.com.  Its just being built but if you go to it you can get the idea.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Kelly
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
stillfunmomy
by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:05 AM
I really like your product My daughter is 5 and I know this would go over great with her!  I would look into marketing it to any  parent teacher learning shops around you.  Many of them are independently owned and easier to sell to.  I would concentrate my efforts on breaking into the retailers market and sell to retailers and them they can sell for you.  Check and see if you have any seller conventions that you can attend as an exhibitor.  Maybe for learning items or toys something like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)