Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Are You Passionate About?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2008 at 9:49 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 378 Total Views

So what part of your business makes you get out of bed in the morning? What is your passion? Why are you doing what you do? Tell us your story? Does your business feed all of you? Your soul and not just your pocketbook?

For me, I am at a crossroads and not sure where I am going. I know I am passionate about natural health, writing etc. I am more passionate about teaching then doing. I think I am going to take my business in a different direction and need to lay out some goals. I also have a larger idea that needs a business plan, and an angel investor. My goal is to get working on this when my son starts preschool next month.

D

"Listen to the plants, they have much to say."

by on Jul. 30, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
peacemama13
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2008 at 8:26 AM

Hi Goddesses.

I am a photographer, mommy of 2 boys and wife to a talented artist.   I have been selling my landscapes for the last three years - here and there and people at shows have continually asked if I do portraits - so I thought - "What the heck".  I am in the process of developing a business plan and marketing plan.  I will not be able to have a studio for a yr or so - so I will be doing location shoots.  So far I have two shoots scheduled.  Taking pics is what I love - but I don't know how fond I will be of taking pics of people - the way they may want them.  I'm afraid it may be a little stiffling.  I also enjoy developing the marketing materials - brochures, cards etc and I am developing my skills in this area as well. 

I do not like to set down policies & pricing. (I know - how can I do business without them)  It's difficult for several reasons - I'm afraid - (well that mostly) that people will think my prices are too high or too cheap and I will not get the kind of clientelle I am targeting.  Also I am very laid back and easy going so its hard to set policies.  And of course as most artists are - I am a bit insecure. 

Right now I am taking the time to read bunches of books on business start up because I am by no means a business person - but I know I can be and I desire to be.

Thank you for this group.  Most of the people I know are either artists or "get a real job" people and long ago put away their dreams to "pay the bills".

Cheryl Fallon

www.cherylfallon.com

anniekelleher
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2008 at 9:34 AM

i am passionate about helping people hear and receive messages they might otherwise not believe they've gotten... helping others to develop and enhance their own intuitive abilities and to feel closer to the god-self within....this  is a very good question! :))

...read my blog! .....http://anniekelleher.blogspot.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)