Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scheduled c-section

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 396 Total Views

I am having a c-section the end of January, because I had one with my first son. My body just doesn't dialate-  I am kind of nervous about it. I am just wondering if anyone has had a scheduled c-section and a emergency one and the details of both. I am mostly wondering about the recovery time on both ways of a c-section. Thanks!

Kelt-n-Kyns-mama

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
older_mom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:04 PM

My c-sections were neither scheduled nor emergency.  You can come read about them in my first journal.  You probably would be a good candidate for VBAC, but unless you want to hear about that there is no point in me telling you.  I will tell you that a scheduled c-section is much easier than a c-section after a long labor.  Make sure they don't take your baby too early.  Prematurity has gone up with the rising c-section rate!  Some babies aren't ready until 41 or 42 weeks.

CC  mother of three sweeties       

keltnkynsmama
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:55 PM

I am not a good canidate for Vbac, because my body doesn't like to dialate. My mom always had to be given potocin to help her dialate, and they can't do that this time for me. I wanted a VBAC at first, but after disussing it with my doctor we decided that it would be best to do another c-section. I am just really worried about having 2 kids and recovering from a c-section-

Kelt-n-Kyns-mama

older_mom
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 10:54 AM

The recovery is much better with a short labor or no labor, but you are still going to need help.  With my third I was in the hospital 4 days then I had help until my son was 13 days old.  That was the first day I was home alone with a newborn and a 3 1/2 yr old.  It doesn't have to be the same person every day, but somebody needs to be there for you to keep the big one busy and help you with yourself and the little one.

CC  mother of three sweeties       

Mykidsmommy2007
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Both my boys were scheduled c-sections and like you I was really scared to go in for yet a second one but from my experience My second one was the best experience I could have had and my doctor at the time was great, I only wish I was still in CA to use her again. I did not have very much help with my second like I did my first. My mom helped  with my son while I was in the hospital and took care of him but once I got home I was on my own. Unfortunately my husband had to work and so he couldn't  help much. I do remember having a melt down within the first couple of days of being home so I would advise to have someone to help you at least for the first few days home. But we managed the best we could and women from our church had brought us dinner for like a week so that was cool. I was so anxious to get home that I went home a day early. I hope everything goes well with you. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me. Oh yeah one more thing, After my second c-section the nurses pushed me to get up and walk around. Just from my bed to the bathroom and to clean up a bit and I really believe that helped me to recover faster. So you might want to try to do that too.

keltnkynsmama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Thanks for your help! My husband just found out that he can take off 2 weeks of work and I am so glad-

Kelt-n-Kyns-mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)