Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Conference focusing on autism and other developmental disabilities in NYC

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 98 Total Views

Hi, my name is Samantha Link and I am posting as a communications intern at YAI. 

YAI is a huge non-profit network in the New York and New Jersey area that supports people with  developmental disabilities by providing them services. We believe in seeing beyond disability and that everyone, no matter the age, should be able to live the life they desire and deserve.

I am writing to get the word out about YAI's international conference: "The Dawn of a New Era,"  that will heavily focus on the innovations happening in the field  of autism and developmental disabilities. It will take place from May 6th through May 9th at the New York Hilton in Midtown, Manhattan. This conference will bring together families, professionals and self-advocates to discuss the future of the autism field and how it is in transition.

Some speakers who are presenting  include:

Michelle Garcia Winner who will present a workshop on social communication and the academic needs of students and adults with autism. 

Dr. Peter Gerdhart, the Director of the McCarton School in New York City, who will conduct a full day workshop on adults with autism and their quality of life.

And Dr. Isabelle Henault, Psychologist and Sexologist from the Autism & Asperger's Clinic of Montreal, who along with Dr. Stephen Shore, Assistant Professor of Special Education at Adelphi University, will examine the relationships and the sexuality of people on the autism spectrum.   

Please find the link to more information about the conference below and let me know if you are interested!

http://bit.ly/ZWj4eP

Cheers!

Samantha

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)