Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gunslinger

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:13 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 314 Total Views
i started reading the dark tower series about 2 1/2 yrs ago....i feel rotten cause i promised my hubby (fiance at the time) that i would read it. he LOVED them. well i got almost half way through gunslinger and its really good...i just never finished reading it. now the thing is, i want to finish it, i just don't want to start all over....bah......i need to bite the bullet and start fresh! i've heard nothing but good things about the series.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
IansMommaMom
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 8:30 AM
There's actually a thread here about this.  I guess a lot of us are debating wether it's worth it to continue with the series if it's difficult to get through the first book.  Personally, I loved the first book.  I loved them all until I got to book 4, and that's when the honeymoon was over.  It was EXTREMELY difficult for me to finish the series.  But, I hate to leave a series unfinished.  It was a brilliant story, but most likely will be the last of King for me. 
If Gunslinger interests you I urge you to continue and see it through to the end.  But, as far as the rest of the series goes...I cannot encourage you to read them all.

kimchery
by Member on Aug. 2, 2007 at 10:09 PM
   Yes, there was another thread that I started.   Now I have read through the gunslinger, and here are my thoughts...
   This time the gunslinger was easy to get into, but toward the end I got horribly bored with it.  So bored that when i finally finished it, I'm having an even harder time getting into Drawing of the Three.  I've only read about, well, less than 100 pages of that.  Its just starting to look better, so maybe I'll eventually make it througgh with all of them.  I've been forcing the series on myself beacuse I have read every other SK book.  Every other.  I'm honestly beginning to believe that the dark tower series is just a different kind of read.  I will make it through, but I don't know if I'l like it near as much as the other books that I absolutely love.   
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)