Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on a good church

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 522 Total Views

Hi my husband and I r looking for a fun church, We have a 14month old. We like Joel Osteen & Joyce Myers.We r  christains, I would love any ideas. Thanks

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
R.hahn
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM
We moved from pa in January, and we were so overwhelmed by all of the churches in the area. We looked around a good bit and settled at Morningside baptist on pedrick rd. check it out online. You can listen to sermons there. We felt welcomed immediately and pastor Brian preaches the truth right from the word. They also have an incredible childrens ministry where my kids come home every week knowing what they learned from the Bible that week. We came from a large church, this is smaller than what we were used to, probably about 400 attending the one service at 10:30. It is a perfect size to get connected. Let me know if you'd like to meet up and visit on a sunday or have a play date this week. I know what it's like to be new:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
R.hahn
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM
We have 2 boys (5 and 3) and one on the way in November. I am 27.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ronjen1117
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
We have also been looking for a church since we moved here. We plan on trying Morningside on Sunday the 27th. I have three girls, ages 8, 3 and 2. I am looking for a good children's program. Do they Awanas there? I'm so excited to try this church. We can not attend this Sunday because of a previous engagement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
R.hahn
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM
So glad that you are visiting Morningside, Jen:) at the end of the service try to get a chance to talk to pastor Brian and Bonnie. They are so welcoming:) we'll be out of town on the 27th... But I hope you enjoy the service. They do have awanas... They start this Wednesday the 22nd at 6. There is a laid back church dinner before hand at 5, if you do end up coming back and you want another way to connect! Let me know if you ever have any questions and you want to meet up!
ronjen1117
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM
We are actually going to be able to come this Sunday. I figured we would come to the worship service. We are very excited. I am also very interested in the awana program. I really want a good strong children's program for my kids. Maybe we can meet , I think my middle daughter is the same age as your son. Maybe they will be in the same class. Thank you got all your help and info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ronjen1117
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
We went today and we loved it. We are going to Awanas open house on we'd. My girls loved it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamami05
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 5:26 PM

crossway baptist church on crossway and crawfordville highway(near capital circle) is a GREAT church. they7 have an AWESOME children's ministry ,plus awana is starting back up next sunday!!!!

crossway baptistchurch.us 

vickijene
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I just wanted to thank you!What is awana?

starlite183
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I just joined cafe mom and saw your post about looking for a church.  I know it's an older post, however, if you haven't found a place yet, my church sounds alot like what you are looking for.  The pastor is dynamic and we've done a few women's bible study's from Joyce Myers, and alot of young families.  I have always found it important to be a part of a church with sound, biblical teaching and a great program for my kids.  Evangel Assembly on Old Bainbridge has been that church for us.  Check it out @ evangelag.org.  

vickijene
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Hi, No we haven't found a church! We went to one, baby got diarrhea and it was bad brought the wrong diaper bag. Dh got mad it was a mess. So its kinda funny how God works(that you are replying to this post I had given up on the), we haven't been and we both out of touch, I don't know if its ever happen to you, but you stop going and it makes it harder to go back, then you get a little depressed and it snow balls. So its really awesome of you to reply! Thank you so much. I am going to look into it right now.THKS again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)